Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i put on my RP manifold & my new t/b. the car wont turn over. turns & turns, wont turn over. HELP!!! WHAT CAN IT BE???? checked all visible wire harnesses & vac lines. HEEELLLLPPPP!!!!!

PLEEEEEEEEEEZ

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
k, i found an electrical connector that wasn't connected. connected it, now it starts but wont stay running. this leads me to beleive its a vacuum thing. i saw that UNDER the manifold right behind the t/b there's a loose vac line that was connected to a hard metal line. its not anymore. is this it? it was one of the ones connected to the 2 black things underneath the manifold.

please help! its after midnight & i gotta work tomorrow.

·
Registered
362 Posts
By the things under the manifold, i think you mean the vac chambers for the VRIS solenoids? having any vac line unplugged really messes with the engine, especially at idle, possibly causing your stall. also, when you replaced the TB, did you check the calibration of your TPS? Does the engine manage to keep running if you give it a little throttle?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
actually, it turns out that wasn't it. at least not just that. it still should've started, just idled rough. i put it off til today and took the whole thing apart, put it all back together, and still nothin. so i called chris (rawpower) and he said a few other guys had the exact same prob. he knew right away and sure enough... turns out i overlooked these little o-rings around each fuel injector.

THANKS CHRIS!!!

i DO however have another prob, see my other post about TPS.

thanks all tho!
L8R
Nick

1 - 4 of 4 Posts