Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

Need help on choosing a way to lower my LS

2K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  superflymx6 
G
#1 ·
Hi everyone, I have a '93 MX-6 LS V6, and I was wondering what the best (and most affordable) way to lower my MX to fill up the gaps in the wheel wells. Right now, it looks a little like a 4x4 in the back, and I'd just like to lower it to fill in all that empty space. I was wondering what the most affordable, yet, best way to do this would be. I'm new to these cars, and I just wanted the opinions of anyone who has gone through this process. How long did it take to complete the process? How much was the total cost of the conversion? are there any serious drawbacks (besides abyssal potholes, and a rougher-ride) that I should know about? Thanks to everyone in advance!

-JJB
GREEN
1993 MX-6 LS V6 2.5L

G
#2 ·
Springs

I used Eibach Pro Kit on my 93 MX6 V6 LS. It dropped the car about 2" and the ride feels great. The srpings were about $250, plus the cost of labor which is anywhere from $100-$200. If you want the ride to be even better, then change out your shocks and struts when you put the new springs in. There will be a huge difference in the quality of the ride. You don't have to change the shocks and struts, but I would recommend it. I have Tokico adjustables on my car, and I like them alot. I would recommend the Eibach. You can find many other types of springs, but the Eibach are the best I have found.

#3 ·
I just recently lowered my 93 mx6 ls v6. all i did was get spring clamps at Auto Zone for $8 and slapped them on in less then 2 hours. i put 2 clamps on each spring so the total lowering job cost $16!!!!! and it lowered the car about 2 inches. but you can set it to any heighth that you desire. the ride is obviously rougher because there less spring to absorb the bumps. i talked to many people about this and it has had no effect on the car just the ride, and it was only 16 bucks and 2 hours of work!

G
#5 ·
i just put the eibach pro-kit on too and i love it. but screw paying for labor, go rent a spring compressor for $10 and save the other 190 for something else. the only real bitch is getting at the top of the rear struts, but it can be done. but anyway, i love the eibachs. the car is so much more stable now, alot less body roll and nosedive. the ride is a little harsher but if i replace the struts that should take care of it. it also looks alot better with the drop on it. good luck!

#7 ·
i saw on tv u can do it your self with a buddy, well i mean putting the springs on the shock just be careful u have to use a floor jack and jack the spring up, well ask around i know some one has tired it just dont let it fly around and kill some one, but if i was going with springs go with the coilover i would

G
#8 ·
lowered MX-6

Hey guys, just got on to ask a question about Ground Control coilovers....Has anyone put Ground Control in the Mx-6? Mine for some odd reason makes a "clunking" noise everytime I turn the seering wheel too far to a side. Lets just put it this way-I cant do a really sharp turn cause it will make that noise. Thanks alot...peace
-krazy-

#9 ·
hey man i dont know much but let me say this and some body else can correct me it i am wrong something else might be wrong down there it probly is not your coil overs it might be something else u might want to get that checked out cause if u dont u might lose a wheels and go flying in the field( heard of that happening) but make sure your wheel dont rub the fender well

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.