Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i'm getting a 96 civic ex for FREE!!!!!! I just need help on my decicion of what to do. Should i keep it for a daily driver and park my 6 durring the week? Should i sell it and use the money to mod my 6? Should i sell the 6 and use that money to mod the civic? Should i just save and keep them both? The thing is i really only want one car, and i know that a civic can be f'ing quick with the right mods(engine). I'm seriously considering considering moving into the civic world. please no "keep the 6 civic's are crap" responses.:shrug:

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Well, there is a ton of aftermarket for the civic, so if that's what you want, then go for that. But, It's an EX(ewwww)...

honestly, I'd say keep both! :tup:

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
use the civic as a daily and winter driver..

use the 6 as a fun car ;)

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Green Alien said:
sell both and get something better :idea:
Oh god no. My opinion is keep them both and just drop all your money into the 6. If you drop say 5 grand into a civic and then 5 grand into a 1st gen 6 GT, the 6 will be much faster. If you dont keep both honostly sell the civic. I'm not saying that because I hate civics Im saying that because your going to regret it later. It's an EX, if you want a civic you gotta get an Si. Those are the civics you hook up. Seriously dude 1st gen mx6s are getting really rare, they are hidden jewles. I wish I could find one in my area. Either way keep your mazda, it's much faster, better looking, less common, and all around a nicer car (in my opinion). Everyone and there brother has a civic, not many people have 1st Gen MX6 GTs.

Reactions: dumpedes

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, i've decided that if i were to mod the civic it would definatly have a b18 of some sort. i think that alone would drop me into the 13's right?

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
do some research before you think that. but if you want to swap...do the K20a swap :tup:

also, you could drop the money you'd put in your civic into the 6 and get the same numbers. your mods now on your 1g should put you in the 14's...a couple hundred more dollars and you should be in the 13's... (remember, a 13.99 is still a "13" second run..lol)

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
ugh, why do people ask mazda worshippers for civic advice...PM me dude if you want to know anything about what to do...because im not gonna type it if no one is gonna read it and care

·
Premium Member
4,973 Posts
vrouv06 said:
Seriously dude 1st gen mx6s are getting really rare, they are hidden jewles. I wish I could find one in my area.
Is dover, NH too far away for you?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MX-6...oryZ6323QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
I saw it at the track on 19 Aug 05.
The run: http://www.dmtrx.ca/mx6/20050819_TwoToneGT_Run_unedited.mpg
More pictures: http://www.mx6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138345
http://www.olivamotorsports.com
SKarpenz said:
ugh, why do people ask mazda worshippers for civic advice...PM me dude if you want to know anything about what to do...because im not gonna type it if no one is gonna read it and care
I care.

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
SKarpenz said:
I'll listen...my little brother has an EX, a 98 i believe, with D series non-vtec that is just chillin in the garage...i could give him some ideas ;)

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
EX = VTEC single cam

he should ditch the mx6 if he needs the money...but, to be totally honest, id rather have the mx6, ive been looking for a 1g for the last couple of months for myself...and unless your willing to dump some money into that civic, it will never be as fast as the next guys...that being said, sell the mx6 if you want to build on the civic :shrug: ...

after you've got some cash, buy a motor...if you want a B18, then get a JDM GSR motor and put a type r intake cam and i/h/e and it will be running a 14 flat in the 1/4 mile (my friend has one)...

you could do as suggested above and try a K20...but if you do that then be prepared to spend a fuckload of cash on just installation shit, not including the motor and all...if you want to go with the K, then buy a K24 bottom end and bolt a K20 head on it with a K20 transmission...in any civic this motor would kill...if you felt like turbocharging the k24/20 then you could be in the 11's no problem (but think about how much all this is costing)...let us know what you want to do...an 11 second civic is hardly a DD, and your pockets will be bare after such an undertaking...it all depends on what your looking for

the mx6 is getting rare and hard to find, the 1G turbo being quite sought after as ive found out...so if youve got it, then keep it and sell the civic...take it from someone who drives a civic and knows a little about them...unless your just intent on going the honda route (which will only lead to headaches and sleepless night, lol) everyone here knows ill fight for hondas tooth and nail, but if youve already got a great car, then why switch to something slower and more common?

or keep both cars and beat on the civic while you baby that 1G...i seriously cant find them anywhere and i sure wouldnt get rid of one

dont hesitate to PM if you want more in depth advice or if youve got a few q's

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
thanks for the clarification SKarpenz...the valve cover on my bro's civic is just as plain jane can look....just like the old ass civic 1.6's and accord 2.0's hahana

his car was slower n [shizzle]...but someone stole it, put it on doughnuts, took the hood, fenders, headlights, dash, gauge cluster and ECU (don't know why about the ECU), and this was the 2nd time it was stolen in 4 weeks. First time they stole his stereo, including both amps and subs I JUST INSTALLED, and had enough time to just take the hispanic music he had in the car!

yeah, that's one other thing you have to worry about, it being stolen...

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
oh definitely, the civics are stolen like theyre worth their weight in gold...and the reason his ECU got jacked is because it was a P28, the easiest honda ECU to chip and tune, and they will run ANY civic vtec motor (after a good chip/tune)

at least they put his car on donuts...around here they put it up on scissor jacks and just kick the car sideways off the jacks and it lays on the brakes/undercarriage :(

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
oh damn..hahaha that sucks

i've actually seen that before...someone got they wheels stolen off of a prelude, like a early 2000 w/4ws and it was left on two cinders in the rear and brake rotors in the front with ripped up fenders (guessing because of gettin the jack out)

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
yeah, thats why i dont mind living out in the boondocks, lol...everyone knows everyone else, and they all know that everyone else has guns/dogs...so no one usually fucks with people out here :) but it is still inconvenient sometimes

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yah i've kinda been looking and the k20 is way out of my price range. The main thing that has me teetering is that my 6 is in dire need of some tlc. its been sideswiped, and the radiator, alternator, and starter are going out lol 150,000k miles isn't friendly. The civic has been babied tho everything is pristine on it. But from what i found i think a b18c1 or c5 would fit my needs. all i would be doing to it would be bolt ons

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
yah i've kinda been looking and the k20 is way out of my price range. The main thing that has me teetering is that my 6 is in dire need of some tlc. its been sideswiped, and the radiator, alternator, and starter are going out lol 150,000k miles isn't friendly. The civic has been babied tho everything is pristine on it. But from what i found i think a b18c1 or c5 would fit my needs. all i would be doing to it would be bolt ons

1 - 20 of 24 Posts