Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
RXLS1
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do i get the mass air sensor off of the intake? I have everything off, but there is a piece of tubing on the back which i cant seem to get off. It spins with very little force, but it wont come off. Any help is appreciated.:confused:

·
RXLS1
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anyone?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm assuming that there is no clamp or anything else holding it on, other than that hoses are just forced onto fittings usually. The least destructive way is to slice open the very end of the hose enough to make it let go of the fitting then pop it off. In other words, you'd be making a slit about 1/4" or so just to let you pull it off of the fitting.

I replaced the MAF on my 4 banger and the vacuum hose just popped off. If it's really just a hose and has a bit of slack in it you can always cut if off right at the MAF then you'd have a fresh bit of hose at the end when you reconnect it.

Good luck!

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
its an LS, which would make it not a 4cyl, which would also make it not a MAF.

after loosening the band clamp, the VAF should come off. someone may have had problems securing it in the past and glued it on or something crazy like that, or it may just be on there real good.

·
RXLS1
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
my bad, sorry, my apologies. But thanks for the help, both of you.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
baughb'smx6 said:
my bad, sorry, my apologies. But thanks for the help, both of you.
:confused:

wait, wha?

did you get it off or what? and what are you apologizing for?

·
RXLS1
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ya i got it off, and i was in a really sarcastic mood which was over the top, so i was apologizin for the mistake btween the VAF and teh MAF.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
no need;):tup:

good to see you got it off.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts