Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
getting new subs this week and need to know what to get to maximize the power of my amp. i have the DEI 2102, it runs about 130x2 @ 4 ohms RMS. i think it should also be 2 0hm stable but not completely certain. so what kinda speaker setup would work best. i want 12" and i will probably be putting in only 1, but what type of ohm setup also DVC or not, whats going to give me the best power. my installer said just to get a single 4 ohm sub, but i cant find many good subs in this choice, they're all dvc it seems like.

--thanks for the help.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Set it up bridged at 4 ohm and you should be pushing 520 RMS...... And that is A TON of power......... Get a really good sub that can take this much wattage.... look at PPI Flat subs, Alpine Type R's, JL 12W6's, etc..... Only the very top end subs will take this much power RMS.....

Mike

·
Registered
321 Posts
sub selction

i would suggest the JL 12 w3, the rockford 12 he or hx, alumpro alchemy 12 single 4ohm, or the the kicker L7 12. you can't go wrong with these. and all of them can handle that kinda power.
})

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Infinity Kappa Perfect 10in sub. that is all you will need. i know i had one and hit the hardest of anything i have ever heard.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Superfly you have the perfect subs? How do you like them? Are they holding up I am thing of switching to them. I have the perfect components up front.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Yes it was the PERFECT sub, well was relaly is the key word there. some one stole my shit 2 Kenwood amps and my sub!!

but while i had it it was the best thing ever made by far. i had people ask me if i had 2 12's or 15's in the trunk i was like no, its just a 10.

it goes up to 94dB i believe. clear sound. anything infinity i would buy just from what i have had with them, i have the kappa in my back dash and front doors now. 6.5in. those are very clear and hit very nice for the size but i dont care how hard they hit i just want them clear. and they are very clear. i had many people ask me why is it so clear i told them it was my amp and my 6.5in all around.

for the sub with the q-logic box is a great buy 280 from srutchfield. peak power is at 1400watts, frequencey range 18-500 that was one thing that sold me right there. power range (watts RMS ) 75-350.

if you want the best in subs get the Perfect if you just want to get by then get something else, but you pay for what you get!!!

so now i am looking for an amp for my component sets to push them hard. since i will not have a sub in there any more.

i would get the Perfect and if you dont like then you must be deaf!!!!

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
I was never good at that thing, haha 1010 was my best. i had a 3.8 GPA took all the college prep classes.

why in the world do you ask that???

·
Registered
23 Posts
A kenwood amp and a single 10" perfect.........louder then 2 15's....in a mx6....you need to hang around smarter people at least then

·
Registered
23 Posts
and my opinion on the perfect.....it looks cool, made well, it's not very loud, it is clear but I have listened to 2 12" perfects many times with a pheonix gold TI amp to each with bass cube and its nice sound Quality but I would want more and I hear great!

·
Registered
321 Posts
now now fellas no need to get rude with one another. The perfect is aluminum cone thus making it stiffer. this allows for better movement of air. Which in return gives you loud boom. Besides look at how a 15 performs versus a 10. A 10 will keep most of the bass in the car where a 15 the peak of the curve is like 20 ft long so rolln down the street the fifteen will be louder but as far as in car sound you will be much happer with a 10. that is just my 2 cents. You all have a nice day add play nice!!!!})

·
Registered
23 Posts
ohh....there they are.........

and a 15" can sound wonderful in a car, just depends on your music type and style of bass.......I love a lower smoother loud ass bass line.........perfect for 15's

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
well, think what ever you wish, i know what a perfect 10 sounds like, i had one for a year. the inside car sound is much better than anything i have heard. if you want everybody to hear whatyou are listening to go ahead and get what ever you want.

i had a 400 watt amp pushing 200 watts on the sub and it still sounded nice to me anyway.

what else did the guy with the two 12's Perfect have in the car??? also how many watts were going to the sub. also what is the THD rating on the amp?

its your money do what you want.

i would have put my sound system up to anyone really, in reason lets say. but not now i dont have one really wish i never had that one now. well never mind i got paid for it, its great when you know people!!!!

its all about how much room you want to take up in the trunk and how much you want other to hear what you are listening too. i grew out of there long time ago. and i just want my stuff clear. and you said the perfect was clear so thats cool because it is. i wish i had the Perfect Componet sets in my car. i have the kappa and they are very clear also.

i will take back the 2 15's comment because my buddy has 2 in his Probe and those things are loud. he has the SoloBaric with 75 watss on them and they are very loud. Oh yea, he won at NOPI National last year in ATL!!!!

anyway, never said i knew it all so.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hmm, in regards to your posts about 15" subs vs. 10"subs

Besides look at how a 15 performs versus a 10. A 10 will keep most of the bass in the car where a 15 the peak of the curve is like 20 ft long so rolln down the street the fifteen will be louder but as far as in car sound you will be much happer with a 10.
I had in my car a Phase linear 15" sub, in a box which just about filled up the back of my trunk, but still made to spec. The bass inside the car was enough to rattle everything from the coins in my ashtray, to the teeth in my mouth, however, the moment you stepped out of the car, you could not hear the bass, and you could not feel the bass...

I have however been told that when parked outside houses, things inside would rattle....

regarding the 10 keeping the bass in the car, well, I have a 15 which does the same thing...

That normal ?

·
Registered
59 Posts
In and out of the car....

I think most people don't notice the bass after stepping out the car b/c it is a lot louder inside and it takes time for your ears to adjust.

btw....i'm liking the 2 Aura Force 10" i've put it. Hard to find (got mine from ubid.com) but this prosound manufacturer knows how to make speakers.

·
Registered
932 Posts
I really really suggest Audiobahn. They have every sub for every power band you can throw at it including a sub that can put out 5,000 RMS :eek: . All the way down to like 250 Rms. (i think) I'm getting two twelves that are already loaded in a bandpass box with a blue neon light, chrome ports, and a 800Rms rating for like $185 best deal ever! Let me know if you want the site. E-mail me.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
mcbride420, if you think that amp is 2 ohm stable and you are only going to go with 1 sub, i suggest getting a dvc, because if you bridge that amp and with the right wiring to the sub, you can get 2 ohms, and an insane amount of power to it, going by the numbers i saw further up with it being bridged and 4 ohms and producing 520 watts i think in 2 ohms you would be damn near 1000, i would also suggest and alpine type r. I am running two type r 10's and 2 ohms, and producing an insane amount of bass, i think i am running like 1600 watts, but its loud @-

1 - 19 of 19 Posts