Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
1,166 Posts
dj2501 said:
:flipa: wow thanks for all your help everyone
maybe you should pull out your elementary math and do the conversion yourself you lazy asshole. on a side note, autometer makes wonderful guages, so if you really want quality guages, spend the extra money for them. however, for you, i would recommend going with just no name brand crap off ebay as long as it uses the 2F2F background on the guages. maybe u should worry more about making ur car fast before u try to make it look fast.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
52mm is the size ur after
24.4mm to a inch

·
Banned
1,166 Posts
inkfinity said:
Okay, he drive a 6, it's fast already......maybe making it faster would be a better thing to say
a stock ls is not a fast car. the word fast is really a relative word. to me, fast would be something that will run consistent 13's in the quarter. so a stock 15 second car needs to be made faster before he worries about putting in guages that arent gonna really do anything but label him a ricer in the street racing community. for the same price as the autometer gauges, he could have intake and exhaust work done so he will become a faster car.

·
Banned
1,166 Posts
dj2501 said:
gotta get gauges sometime right. who ever said i was in the "street racing community"?:tdown:
oh im sorry to generalize, but from your sig, i figured u raced since u claim to have "big plans". but apparently you dont race, so im sorry that i said you will be labeled a ricer in the street racing community. i correct myself by saying that you will be labeled a ricer by anyone driving behind you when your shift light blinds them and makes them run off the road. :muhaha: honestly you should worry less about guages and more about modifying the car with your "big plans".

·
Banned
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
wtf does big plans have to do with street racing? maybe i have big plans to blow up my car, or maybe my big plan was to blind somebody with my shift light the whole time. and btw im looking for gauges that my car doesnt already have. My car came standard with a tach and if you need a shift light you shouldnt even be driving a mtx.

and if your gonna state your stupid opinions of what someone else is doing then at least learn how to get off YOUR lazy ass and pick up a dictionary.

its gauges not "guages".

Gauges: An instrument for measuring or testing.

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
i think your both being immature...as much as i love a good e-duel, this is kind of stupid

dj2501, you shouldnt need help choosing something trivial like gauges for your car, its all preference...personally, i would make my car faster before i put gauges in it, making it 'look' faster, thats kind of gay...the mx6 ls is not fast...its barely 'quick'...my hatch runs very high 14's and thats SLOW to me...a car needs to run (at most) consistent 12's through the 1/4 to be considered 'fast'...youre also acting like a child with your 'learn to spell' attacks, thats just weaksauce

dryosmosis, im siding with you on this one, i agree, the car needs to have a use for those gauges...the mx6 came from the factory with all the gauges it 'needs'...but we have to remember, if he wants to do it his way, then who are we to tell him otherwise?

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
i dont think it looks fast, but maybe you do :) (or did) and i know people who think uber gauges = fast

quit getting defensive, you dont have to prove to us why you want gauges so bad...just do it, and be a little slower than the rest of them :shrug: at least you'll know how many volts your electrical system has :D

·
Banned
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well sorry to get defensive but all i asked was if autometers ultralite gauges are a good choice and if 2 1/16 is the same as 52mm and i got attacked by somebody that had only negative things to say and didnt even help me out with my questions. there was absolutly no point for him to even post on this thread other than the fact that he wanted to try to talk me into doing what he thinks is the right way to go about building a car. theres no book written with steps that says engine first gauges second. it just makes me mad when someone trys to change my mind for me by insulting my views and trying to tell me what i should do to my own car.

·
Registered
9,653 Posts
I have the following gauges on my Modded LS

Oil Psi
Oil Temp
Volts
Air/Fuel
Vac

All in wich have helped my diagnos problems and prevent them. having these extra guages give you extra assurance on how your car is running. If you will notice, alot of newer cars come with these extra sensors built in, by simply pushing a button you can check the vitals of your motor by watching the screen your odometer shows up on. Example :2004 Silverado, you can check oil life, temps, battery, everything, all the buttons are on the steering wheel.
Gauges dont particullary make your car fast nor are needed on a fast car. You can have a fully built race car with only a tach in it, it will still run the same.

The autometer ultra lite gauges are designed for race use. The name gives it away, they are alot lighter then other gauges. a car that weights less=faster times. That doesnt exactly do much for our cars since were not full out race, but the gauges sure look nice :tup: wich is why i have them.

So, if you have money to burn, get some gauges. But i highly recommend getting them only if your searious about your car/tuning. Dont get them to impress your freinds. There not needed on a stock motor, but if your searious you probaly will be boosting some way or shooting n20.

I actually consider the mx6 a fast car. Ive gotten more then 10 speeding tickets in it and it satisfys my needs. Although my bro has a GSX pushing 20psi, Its crazy fast, but i still consider my 6 quick considering its specs, weight and year.

As for what gauges to get. definetly get autometer, there the most accurate, safe and warrantied.

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
dj2501 said:
well sorry to get defensive but all i asked was if autometers ultralite gauges are a good choice and if 2 1/16 is the same as 52mm and i got attacked by somebody that had only negative things to say and didnt even help me out with my questions. there was absolutly no point for him to even post on this thread other than the fact that he wanted to try to talk me into doing what he thinks is the right way to go about building a car. theres no book written with steps that says engine first gauges second. it just makes me mad when someone trys to change my mind for me by insulting my views and trying to tell me what i should do to my own car.
:tup: well right on then...hell, just get some Megan Racing gauges on ebay...they cost less than the autometers, but they are the ghost face ones that you only see when the car is on...pretty cool, and i have a whole array of them at my house (boost, oil, volt, tach, etc, etc)...good [shizzle] actually, and they look good, not riced out at all...look into them :) im saving most of them for when i go FI with my honda

·
Registered
9,653 Posts
Well if you want the truth, id tell ya not to do anything to your car. Its pretty much a waste of money in my opinion.
You asked for help, expect some critisim. Perhaps it will change your views on how to build your car.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts