Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello,
i have an 89 mx6 gt. i plan to do some performance mods to it including installing a better turbo. I am considering the garret t3/t04 offered by thomas knight turbo. has anyone purchased this turbo and have and complaints about it? Is there a better alternative for the same price range (650.00 at the website)? also, ive heard of people putting rx7 turbos on, is this any good? any help is appreciated?
thanks

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Use the search feature up top and you'l be buried up to you eyeballs in info.
I've never dealt with Thomas Knight but there have been numerous reports on Probetalk.com that he is a sketchy character.

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
I wouldnt buy sheeeit from Tomas Knight, judging from all the negativity I've heard about his work, and actually seeing pictures of his work.

·
Registered
110 Posts
turbo upgrade

try racingmazda.com they have tube manifold and t3t4 kits that have pushed 12.80s with minor tuning.i ran 13.5 regulalry with t3t4 cast manifold and minor upgrades.
if u want to talk call ric @210-3817425 he ownes race redi and minimonster {10second miata} he has a long history with the 2.2 turbo and can answer any question u have....:cool:

·
Registered
113 Posts
YEA!!!

James111 is CORRECT. Anarchy and all of them are also.......TKT is BULLSHIET. I got one from him a year ago.........BS.........go with Ric in racingmazda.com He the man. i'm getting his kit next week!!!!!!! i'll be in the 11's now. hehehe. AGAIN, NO TKT!!!

·
Registered
360 Posts
What mods are you running GTN? Do you run your engine at full power often? I am trying to work out some engine longetivity issues as I am considering a turbo bleeder. My engine has done 190000km already. Thx.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
turbos

I asked that question to a lot of tuners and almost every one told me to get a Garett Turbo, So I did and it kicks ass.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts