Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
JDM Conversion
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any ideas as to how I can get the part number for J-Spec headlights from Mazda Japan? I emailed my friend's dad who works for Mazda Canada but if he can't the number any ideas where else I might look? I have a friend in Japan who is coming over for the holidays and they said if I can find the part number for them, they will get the headlights from Mazda over there and bring them over when they come down...man this would be awesome if it works but I think I'll try not to get too excited over it in case it doesn't work out.

bj

·
Registered
318 Posts
Maybe go to the Mazda Japan website and look for a related email address for parts or the sort. Or call your local Mazda dealer. Maybe they know something your friend's Dad doesn't.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
In Japan, wouldn't they be just the "Stock headlighs" for an MX6? Why does he need th epart number for, is he ordering it from somwhere in japan itself? I'm sure that if he calls or talks to someone in a dealer from Japan, he can get them with no problem.

Also, I would have your friend try to look in junk yards frst. The headlights cost alsmost as much as they do here if you buy them new after you do the convertion.

·
JDM Conversion
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was wondering myself as to why he doesn't just ask the dealer for stock headlights, but he said he just wanted to know the part number. Anyways, he said he's just gonna ask how much for the lights and let me know. He is getting them through Mazda Hong Kong, and I wonder if it won't be cheaper for me. Suposedly 1 Canadian dollar is worth 5 Hong Kong dollars so we'll see how it works out. If it's not a considerable amount cheaper, I'll probably just order them from corksport, even though it will cost me 1000$. Thanks for the help anyways guys, I'll keep you posted.

Oh and Mazda Canada/US cannot give you the part numbers for other regional Mazda distributors because they don't have access to the parts fiches. According to Mazda Canada...

G

·
nonono

you do not want to get them from Mazda HK. The ones offer in HK are the E-specs not the Jspecs. I am from HK so I know. You have to order them from Japan. Try having him go to a junk yard. That should be ALOT cheaper

·
JDM Conversion
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey thanks for the info ICE, I guess maybe it'll just be easier to order them from corksport. Oh well I tried...but I can't live with the lights as they are. Anyone know if there'll be a problem with those lights in the cold?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts