Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was just wondering if a klc or k ensic or however you spell it motor can have the same intake manifold as the ls v-6 motor?

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
i have no idea what you are trying to say. there is a klze that is the japenese version of ours.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Not you Steve, youre a champ with KLs. It was supposed to be a joke. Wtf is a K ensic? Thanks for fixing that Zach, i thought i might have misspelled that.

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
I realized that... :lol:

might want to add one of the laughing emoticons though. Someone might not catch it haha

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm in the market for a KLZE as well, with ecm. There used to be a member down portland way, that claimed he could get ze's for like $500. If I remember right, he even posted the information, after people gave him crap for trying to sell them higher and skimmin' a profit off other locals. Anyway, he got himself banned ages ago, and damned if i can remember his name. Anyone have any idea what the name of the importer in Portland is? I'd gladly drive down for a ze with ecm...all the standard importers want too much for shipping.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
i got mine in lynnwood, Wa from Foreign Engines Inc. I went there and chose my motor. They had 3 at the time, although only one of them was acceptable to me. They delivered the motor for free. Cost me 899 plus tax, but their service was good. Was delivered anywhere local next day for free

I'm in the market for a KLZE as well, with ecm. There used to be a member down portland way, that claimed he could get ze's for like $500. If I remember right, he even posted the information, after people gave him crap for trying to sell them higher and skimmin' a profit off other locals. Anyway, he got himself banned ages ago, and damned if i can remember his name. Anyone have any idea what the name of the importer in Portland is? I'd gladly drive down for a ze with ecm...all the standard importers want too much for shipping.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
ltmayhem; said:
There used to be a member down portland way, that claimed he could get ze's for like $500.

i could tell you his name but it would be deleted not allowed to say his name i guess. your best bet is foreign engines nothing like hand picking a motor.

·
Registered
6 Posts
K, found a place in Auburn, $795 with no ecm...guess the wife's car doesn't need the ecm anyway. Seeing how she drives mine, i'm better off leaving the ecm out.

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
K, found a place in Auburn, $795 with no ecm...guess the wife's car doesn't need the ecm anyway. Seeing how she drives mine, i'm better off leaving the ecm out.
how do you plan and running your engine without an ECU?

·
Registered
6 Posts
From what i thought i understood, reading the swap posts, I can run the KLDE ECU as long as i run the a-spec VAF. I won't see the power returns I should from the ze, but if i'm understanding the swap write ups properly, I can install the JE50 and KL31/36 at a later date, and get the set up right.

Am I misunderstanding? If I can't run the KLZE on the A-spec ecu, I might have to forgo the swap and just put in another DE. Money's tight atm, and i can't drop another $250 or so on a VAF and ECU.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
you can run the ze on the aspec ecu. mine is that way runs just fine.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
half assers!!!
Bahahaha, take it from a purist!

I, personally, am considering grabbing a newer 626 KL V6 engine (1998-2002) along with the ECU and throwing it in my 95 LS. The way i see it, the power output will be similar to the ZE (maybe better in mid range thanks to the G4 many), and the block will have less fatigue, as well as coil ignition. Win win the way i see it.

But that's just me. Thinking outside the box.

Oh, and did i mention it would be about 80% cheaper?

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
ive always wondered why that wasn't the more popular swap tbh. i don't know too much about the kl series but it seems like the newer 626 motor is practically the same thing anywho. whats the compression ratio of the 98+ motors? seems like a newer motor combined with some ze parts would be best.

·
Registered
6 Posts
half assers!!!
Pffft! This site needs a "finger" icon. :p

I know it's a half-ass fix, but I'm still out of work on that concussion I had when I met ya zach...Long story short, I'm short cash, so the ECU and VAF have to wait. I'll probly throw the headers in, since it'll be easier with the motor out, but the ecu and vaf are easily done later without having to screw around too much.

The swap to the newer 626 motor is intriguing though, anyone done a write up on it yet?

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
Pffft! This site needs a "finger" icon. :p

I know it's a half-ass fix, but I'm still out of work on that concussion I had when I met ya zach...Long story short, I'm short cash, so the ECU and VAF have to wait. I'll probly throw the headers in, since it'll be easier with the motor out, but the ecu and vaf are easily done later without having to screw around too much.

The swap to the newer 626 motor is intriguing though, anyone done a write up on it yet?
We met? hmmm...

About the swap, I'm going to assume you need engine and the engine harness and ECU. The ECU can be had fairly cheap...that can be pulled from the junkyard for about 20-30 bucks.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts