Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellas,

I am looking to get new wheels. preferebly 16'' or 17''. but i don't know the offset on our car. i know the only wheels that fit are 5x114.3. right?..at least that's what i've been told. but offset??? no clue.

If you have any wheels/tires for sale, or know anyone that does, let me know. i need some ASAP.

Gracias,
castillo

·
Registered
193 Posts
uh oh, does this mean no Kosei K1's for me? The rim is listed at 16 x 7.5? Tell me it ain't so greg!

·
Registered
488 Posts
A 7.5 wide riom is fine as long as youur offset is less than the stock 45mm, and almost all aftermarket rims have a lower offset than that. Most likely the Kosei's have a 35-38mm offset so you'll clear no problem. Even if they have a 40mm offset you'll be OK. Just remember that 1" = 25.4mm so with a 1/2" wider rim you only need 1/4" extra clearence on the inside edge and that's just over 6mm difference in the offset.

Most aftermarket rim companies make their rims with a slightly low offset so that they don't have to worry about this problem and because it usually makes the rim stick out farther so it looks like it fills the wheel well more and looks cool.:)

·
Registered
193 Posts
thanks alot greg. When I buy the rims I'll make sure to ask them what the offset is to make sure they'll fit. Whew, had me worried there.
hr

·
Registered
36 Posts
Rims

Hey there, This may or may not help but I was told that it'd be hard to fit larger rims on my MX6, but I ended up getting some from Momo that were 17" x 7.5" and the tires which are Yokohama's fit fine

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Gracias

THanks for all the help..

now i just need to find the right wheels..there's plenty on ebay but i need to find some with wheels mounted...its kinda tough....i need em soon though..cause the tires i have now are nearly bald and i don't want to buy new tires for my stock rims, i'd rather invest in different, larger rims with tires on them already..

thanks again guys

castillo

1 - 7 of 7 Posts