Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats up everyone!!
alright so i have a curve neck ze in my obdII 6

i was driving around for a bit with just the fpr hooked up to the #6 runner and ddint have the boost sensor / baro or the other black and brown relays hooked up.

what would happen is that it sounded like it was misfiring and when i started it (hot or cold) it would idle at 1000 at first but then soon after rise and stay at 1500

tonight i properly hooked up the fpr to the brown relay and the vac source

with the black relay i: t'd off of the vac line coming from the egr valve and hooked it and the boost sensor up to the black relay

after this it idled much smoother and didnt sound like it was misfiring anymore but!! i drove it for a bit and i noticed that the idle again starts at 1000 but now stays longer there until it rises to 1500. and what different now is that instead of staying at 1500 it will only idle there for 10sec then drop for 5 sec and so on if i just let it idle, but when i drive it for a bit it ran nice...

so what do you think the problem is???? dirty iac???

·
Premium Member
5,344 Posts
Lets move this to a less general section of the site. Your likely to get a better response there.

In the mean time though, have you set the TPS on the car yet? Your idle could be off by just that.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
huh no i havent.. how do you go about doing that? i know where it is and everything but how do you set/change it?

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
... actually i doubt it would be the tps... more likely to be because the barometric(boost sensor) is not hooked up ..would that cause this wierd idle??

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
your misfiring could be a timing problem. since you've got an OBDII car, I think you need your booster sensor hooked up. does adjusting your IAC screw change your idle at all? also check all your vac lines, especially the old ones that have been moved around a lot as they tend to swell and leak. I just redid all my vac lines and discovered I had more than a couple swollen vac line ends. helped my vris start working again :) although my idle is still off (the opposite of yours, mine is too low, like 500 rpms)

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
just changed all my vac lines... a few were really bad... just put it away for the winter so now i have time to actually fix everything ... ill let you know how it turns out

1 - 8 of 8 Posts