Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok im new to this site and new to mx6s. I just bought a 88 mx6 turbo. The turbo has been replaced with a t4 turbo. I am trying to find parts that mx6 needs. Im looking for a intake, intercooler because the guy i bought it from just welded two probe intercoolers together and it looks like crap, strut tower bar even though i hear they do not make them for this year so i have to buy a newer one and then make it fit, muffler with a 3inch input, 440 injecters because it has 550s which is way to much for that car, and short throw shifter. That is all I am looking for now and i can not find **** online. Does anyone know where a good place is to get each part. Im looking for more quality than cheap. :help:

·
Registered
737 Posts
Well, that intercooler may look crappy, but it is very effective.
Some people use a 2gen mx6/probe strut bar and slightly modify it.
For the short throw shifter, you can buy one for our cars, I don't know where. Someone else will post it, but I used a 92-00 Integra STS and cut down the retainer ring. It fit quite well.
The intake that most of us have is a cone filter with an adapter plate, available at Ebay, and other places.(don't know where else)
You can also find cheap 440's from members here through the forsale/wanted to buy forum. Just post a WTB there.
Good luck.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Smaller injectors... Might not wanna do that... Might wanna consider an adjustable fuel pressure regulator as an alternativee to the injector downgrade.

I have a strut tower bar from a second gen. Works gret for me... I had to clip the to outer holes on eash mounting plate to get a fit, but it's not noticeable. I recommend getting it from JC Whitney (unless you live in Illinois).

3 in. input for a muffler.... Try dynomax... or flow master.. They all make universall mufflers.... Try searching Planetperformance.com to get an idea of the type of mufflers

As for your online search, you should keep a few things in mind (which you may already know). Mazda MX6/ 626/ Capella/ Ford Probe/ Telstar are all the same chassis. This should widen your search. Probes generally have more aftermarket support also. This site in itself also has many many resources.... Gotta do the search. Get some ideas... These folks will be certain to point you in your desired direction.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I forgot about a fuel pressure regulator. Thanx for the idea, i think ill do that instead of the smaller injectors because it will be worth while in the long run. Thanx man.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Well, I got my Pacesetter STS from Nopi.com , it was like $70 shipped (been 2 years since I got it). And I do have to agree Darion about the intercooler, it may be a bit ugly but man is it functional. Maybe instead of replacing it try removing it and giving it a good cleaning, and if you want the "shiny" part polish it.
Strut tower bar CorkSport.com has 2 I think, but it is much much cheaper to do what Darion said and modify one to fit as they are very expensive for some reason from CorkSport, and many people have problems with them as it is. Read the Supplier sub-forum in the for sale/want to buy forum for what they have to say about them.
Muffler, I have a Magnaflow and I love it. 3" in 3" out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts