Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a turbo from a 92 gt it comes with an exhaust manifold and that is all the seller says so i was wondering what else i would need to perform this mod if it is worth it.

·
Registered
711 Posts
A lot!!! Not worth it to me! Wiring harness, computer, down pipe, MAF, Intake, etc. The list goes on and on. Way too many differences. buy a dead turbo car and stick the motor in it. MUCH easier!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Use teh search feature up in teh corner, you wil find a few topics that already cover this. It basically boils down to the fact that you are better of just finding a GT, and buying it. Unless you are made of money of course.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I'm doing a dx to gt conversion....

Yeah I have to agree with what everyone is saying it's mucho expensive. So far I've spent over $10k and I'm not even finished. So yeah I wouldn't do it if I were you, unless you're just a total nut like me and have to prove that a MX6 can compete with the rest of the pack.

·
Registered
405 Posts
couldnt you by-pass the computer? try it? if you can get it cheap enough why not? honda's hold up to turbo's. as long as u dont boost it up to 20psi, and dont beat the crap out of it. it should last long time. try it, plz.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts