Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may be another long shot, but here goes:

My power door locks on my passenger side have not been working for some time. I took apart the door on the passenger side and noticed something strange. There are two gold screws directly behind the lock. These gold screws are connected by gold foil paper to adjacent gold screws beside it. However one of the terminals (one of these gold screw connections) on my car seem to have been cut. So I would like to reconnect it back. Can anyone tell me approximately what the configuration looks like on their car (if you can remember)?

PS. I know that the right gold screw is connected with a black wire to another to a gold screw on the bottom? But I'm not sure where the left one is connected to (it looks like a ground, but I'm not sure).

Thanks.

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
I know the Aussie mex is different to the US model, what with it being right hand drive and all.
But I am having trouble following what you are describing here…Gold screws gold paper etc.
Is your central locking is factory fitted? Because on my mex the passenger lock actuator (slave} has only got 2 wires on it .The system just reverses the polarity to the motor/actuator to make it go up or down.
Mr. MX6

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes the power locking system is a factory fit. There are two wires as well on mine, but one of the wires is not connected and I'm not sure where to connect that wire too. :confused:

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I believe that there are just 2 terminals. Both directly behind the door lock in the inside of the door panel. (One terminal is connected the other is not)

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
I’d like to say it shouldn’t mater what way you connect them, if you get it back to front it will open when it should close, no biggie just swap it around. But your lock doesn’t sound like my one. Are you saying the wires/ terminals are on the actual lock? There isn’t a separate actuator? If so it’s not like my 6..The only thing that comes of my lock is 2 little green wires for the light in the lock.
Maybe you should what for a response from an American or Canadian Mexer..
Sorry

Mr. MX6

·
Registered
73 Posts
I never knew that the passenger side has power lockes. mine doesnt, or doesnt work. the way i see it is the gold foil is an added feature by mazda, on the inside of the passenger handle there is a little tab or something. just feel for it. when you touch it, it ensures you that you wont get shocked on your way out of the car. its also on the driver side.

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
If that is the thing you are describing lightrida, and again if it is the same as my one, that sounds like the switch for the light in the door kea hole and the little green light above the ignition switch {it works on static I think, like when you touch the handle}. Perhaps it is a standard part, and the rest of the system is not included in your MX6s package.
Mr. MX6

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The gold foil could be some sort of static activated switch...never thought of that. The power door locks used to work on my car when I first got it. Eventually, when they stopped working I could hear the sound of a motor in the passenger door TRYING to close the locks, but unable to do so. I took the car back to mazda and they fixed it within ten minutes but now its broken again. I am going to check the fuses under the hood, since I've already checked the fuses under the dash.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts