Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

Need help with setting a value on my totaled 6

5K views 26 replies 10 participants last post by  Baconman6 
#1 ·
Insurance appraiser is going to call me soon and offer a price. Was wondering if anyone could make a suggestion regarding the approximate value in canadian dollars of my car (as a ballpark). This would be book value (ie. true market value).

1994 MX6 LS hunter green with ~183,000 km. Assume it is bone stock.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

#3 ·
Find the average value on Autotrader.ca . I know my brothers insurance company did that when he wrecked his car.

#9 ·
i'd shoot for 3000... but i havent seen your car's condition...

They really dont care about the work you did to the car especially go fast work IE turbo, high end suspension parts, lowering etc... unless you prove it with shop receipts which sucks when you buy used parts and do your own work. If you had a showroom quality body kit they probably would value it higher. If you had mods on the car your best bet to get the value out of it is to remove your custom parts (if any) but they usually want the OEM part back on. Or if your Insurance co allows buy back do that, strip your parts out and make your money back.

#10 ·
yep, sometime you can get help with getting some extra money, with recipts for current work done.....
remember though, brakes,tires,belts,hoses, etc, are mantinence items too!
and, the squeky wheel gets the grease too! Don't give in if you know what they offer you isn't fair! But if you try and get an insane amount your not gonna get anywhere either.
Most insurance companys are pretty fair if the vehicle was in good shape.

On a side not, I'm not call you out or anything, but I can't understand why people won't spend $125-150 to get a proper appraisal done on there vehicle (one that your insurance company approves)
You may pay a bit more per year on your insurance, but, at least thins way, you don't have to fight with them later!

#12 ·
Driving south on Trafalgar at Steeles and some chick driving her dad's chevy bronco pulled out in front of me. She got a ticket for failure to yield. Her car was fine...mine...not so much.

I'll try and post a few picts sometime this weekend.

So sad...but on the bright side I just picked up an '04 Infiniti G35 yesterday. 260 hp makes me smile :)

#21 ·
So sad...but on the bright side I just picked up an '04 Infiniti G35 yesterday. 260 hp makes me smile :)
Weren't you planning on selling the 6 this summer anyway? Assuming everyone is okay I'd say this is a positive.

#18 ·
I can't help but feel somewhat responsible since you were on your way to my birthday dinner :eek:

Glad you guys are both ok, let's try and reschedule soon so I can check out the new car

#19 ·
Yeah - I blame you entirely. Had nothing to do with the 19y/o bitch who can't look both ways before pulling out of a gas station onto a 80km an hour highway. I even tried giving the cops your insurance company's name and policy number but they said it would be best for me to just take you to the cleaners in court. Guess I'll be seeing you there ;)

#20 ·
:lol:

It's alright, I had an old broad turn left right into the front fender of my MX6 while I was driving straight down the road.

Damage wasn't nearly as bad as yours but still retarded nonetheless.

#23 ·
Since were talking about dumb people. My friend was driving doing maybe 40. Some idiot arabic kid (not a racist comment, my friends perchers son) to her right made a left hand turn into her rear passenger door/quarter panel/tire on her cavalier. He said he didn't see her coming OH and he didn't have insurance or ownership on him so she just called the police. He called his dad who managed to get there, in the full arabic priest get-up, with the ownership and insurance before the police....

#26 ·
Did the car have a valid plate with a non expired sticker tag?

I don't know the legal behind having your paperwork in the car, i know it is supposed to be at all times but i do not think it makes the vehicle insurance void if it is not there. However if the car had no valid paperwork at all and the guy ran out, bought insurance and brought it to the scene then that can be prooven by the time and date purchased.

#27 ·
Just to finish the thread - I was offered $3000 + tax originally, BUT in the end after sending some of the invoices for recent work I had done, I was offered $3800 + tax (came to about $4250). I thought this was decent, especially since I managed to take a lot of the stuff off before it was junked.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.