Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have an 89 GT, manual trans. I'm looking for images of the stock exhaust but have scoured the internet till im red in the eyes and have come up empty handed. Does anyone have these, or can anyone point me in the right direction. Previous owner hacked my system up pretty good and it sounds ridiculous! I'd really just like to go back to stock. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Getting ready to return my car back to stock. Hope these help all are taken from drivers side except for the muffler it was taken from passengers side.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!

Sweet...thanks, it does help me know how it's supposed to be routed. My fartcan exhaust's days are numbered now!

·
Registered
257 Posts
To put it into words: the exhaust goes out the front, through the turbo and out into the O2 housing/wastegate assembly. From there, it is routed down and center by the downpipe, then under the engine, and into the catalytic converter. It continues back through a resonator, and then makes another right when it meets the gas tank. It then gets carried to the outside of the car, turns rearwards and then up and over the control arms for the right rear wheel before terminating at a muffler next to the spare tire.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts