Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, because of cash flow, I have decided to make my own STS instead of getting the PRD. I know people that work in a machine shop who can weld and thread and do what I need to make it. HOWEVER!!! I can't get the rod out! I took everything out in the interior, and I took off the bolt under the car. But I couldn't get the plastic bushings off, nor do I know if I really have to. I do know that for hours last night my cousin and I tried to pull the rod out and just couldn't do it. Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong??? (I followed all given instructions on the probesport website)
Any help would be great. Thanks.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just got off the phone with Mazda

Hey, I just talked to Mazda and they told me that I have to unbolt my exhaust and then the rod will pull through the bottom of the car instead of throught the top(interior). I guess this will be my solution. Sorry for the waisted post. If anyone has any questions, comments, or advice, let me know.
thanks again.

·
JDM Conversion
522 Posts
I didn't have any problems getting it out by the inside of the car. I just left the car in 4th gear so I could reach under and undo the bolt attaching it to the tranny, took out the interior stuff and snap rings and then just pulled and it came out...anyways, good luck and hope it works out...

bj

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Really!?!?!?!? WTF!! I almost hung myself out of frustration last night. :freak: My cousin's MX3 was just as easy as yours bj_swift, and it just wouldn't work on mine. I really hope the mazda dealer mechanic is correct and more problems don't arise. :mad:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts