Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone, I got another shogun wing, but my hydraulics arent strong enough to hold it up. Any ideas on which ones I should get to fix this? Thanks.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Hey, this is a message I got from Probetalk:

Anybody out there with sagging trunk
lift supports? Well, they are hard to find
without ordering and very expensive. Here's
the answer. PEP boys sells "STABILUS" brand
lifts. Look for No. 92308. Its a perfect fit,
however, it packs a little extra gas over the original, so you only need to replace one lift. Cost is $17.

--

Are you selling the old ones (for around 10 bucks?) I need new lifts for my stock trunk (mine don't work anymore) and I could just buy yours instead of going to pep boys and buying those/that one..

jason

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
hey man thanks for the idea to go pep boys, i went to order me some one the other day and they would have cost me 84 for both i was like no thanks so do they fit perfect

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool, thanks. But do these Stabilus ones have the power to lift a huge heavy shogun wing? I'm planning on buying two new ones. Also, my original ones are shot to hell, so I don't think you wanna buy them.

·
Registered
136 Posts
well if you get two they probably will hold up, if not return them. this guy only got 1 and he said it held up well so 2 would prob hold up the shogun wing.. later

jason

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Let me tell you something. I replaced BOTH the lifters in my MX6 with teh stock wing and now, whenever I pop the trunk from inside, the trunk just opens automatically.... Even with one, it opens automatically. The thing is, these lifters are so strong that even with one on, when you close the trunk, the trunk doesn't line up right, it sits a little bit higher. It's cool though. i want to do something likt that to the trunk to keep it opened without the ned of the holding arm.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts