Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i need help and/or instructions on how to make and/or get white dash gauges. Some people say that they just made them at kinkos and changeds the bulds behind the gauges to blue or purple. anyway if you now where i can get them or instructions on how to make and install them that would be very helpful. Thanks

·
Registered
235 Posts
Those look really nice I've been looking for white faced gages. Do you know what kind of quality they are? If they're any good I'll buy them right away!!!!

Jason
89 LX

·
Registered
24 Posts
white faces

I have a set from that guy, they look awesome. they were fairly easy to install (considering i have never pulled apart the dash before), but in my opinion they are worth it
speedymx
I've got all kinds of stuff!!

·
Registered
318 Posts
speedymx, can you post a picture of them at night? I am still waiting to see them at night before I buy them and rip apart my dash. Thanks.

·
Registered
449 Posts
The overlays are made with high-quality Hp inkjet photo paper. They have a plastic like coating on them so they look glossy. I had hoped they would have been plastic for the price, but you can't have everything. Because the overlays are printed on a inkjet they'll smudge with water, etc. When you remove your instrument cluster make sure to disconnect the speedo cable!

Wayman made his own at Kinko's so you may want to contact him.

Rendell, didn't you see the ones I posted or you wanted to see them in green? or is it just that my night pictures really suck:) (which is true)

·
Registered
318 Posts
Yeah, i wanna see them with just teh stock backlighting. That will help me decide. like I said, I am toying with an idea of keeping the stock backlight, and making maybe an Indiglo effect using white paper somehow. I may go to the wrecking yard and find a donor instrument cluster to try this on.

·
Registered
449 Posts
That's probably a good idea, it'll help prevent screwing up your own gauges.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts