Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i pulled the codes of the cel and got a 17. what you guys have said is that its the o2 sensor. I would like to know what sensor and a part number. please!!!!help!!!!!

p.s.
is that going to ruin my cat?
by the way im a newbie:)

If it is a Bosch 02 senor, does anyone know the part number. The guys back here at the part store want $260 each. WOW!!!

[Edited by clockwork orange on 11-18-2000 at 12:58 PM]

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
I think that 17 is the front O2 sensor in a V-6, but you may wish to check the website of Mike 94PGT, which is an excellent reference for CEL codes. I believe that Napa sells a replacement O2 sensor for much less than the dealer prices.

Tyson
95 LS (for sale)

G

·
Go to Autozone.com and look up the oxygen sensor for your car. It should come up with a bosche with a something ...08 or ...09. The 08 is the correct number for our car and it should cost 63.95 or something to that effect. You will have to call and special order it. I have the exact same code with my car right now. The sensor you need to replace is right under the air intake vent.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks

thanks guys for the help! you saved me a load of money that can go for an intake and muffler! very cool thanks again!!!

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
clockwork: That's exactly why this board is here. To help each other through all of our difficulties and to share the exitement of everything good that happens to us with our cars. Good luck.

As far as changing the O2's, it's really very simple. For the front one, you simply have to disconnect it fron the top by the front valve cover. Ten I went from underneath the car and used a wrench to remove it. For the rear, I would remove the pass side wheel and then remove the mud guard. once you do this, you will be able to see the rear O2, Then if you have an extension and an O2 sensor socket, it should take you no longer than 2 minites to undo it, then you can unplug it and remove it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts