Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Couple things,
Has anyone tried to use a Silvia bumper on a 1g mx6, or even anything else at that, I'm wanting a more aggressive style but I don't want to order something then be down money,
Also, on ksport they show they have coilovers for 88-92 mx6 but in their pics the lower mounting brackets on 2 of the coilovers do not look the same as what's on mine(oem) with 2 thru bolts, it's rather single bolt pivots. Does anyone have experience with this on a FIRST GEN, also, what springs would fit oem struts, I can't find any, but tempted to try the 93-97 springs

Attachments

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Couple things,
Has anyone tried to use a Silvia bumper on a 1g mx6, or even anything else at that, I'm wanting a more aggressive style but I don't want to order something then be down money,
Also, on ksport they show they have coilovers for 88-92 mx6 but in their pics the lower mounting brackets on 2 of the coilovers do not look the same as what's on mine(oem) with 2 thru bolts, it's rather single bolt pivots. Does anyone have experience with this on a FIRST GEN, also, what springs would fit oem struts, I can't find any, but tempted to try the 93-97 springs
Don't know about the Silvia bumper (Probably not). There might be one of the illusive 1st gen body kits still available:
FS: FOHA Body Kit

The Ksport and D2 Racing coilovers do fit the 88-92 mx6 the struts pictured aren't for the the car listed, they all have 2 "thru bolts" which is less maintenance and more durable than single pivot bolt suspension set-ups.

Front 2nd gen mx6/probe/ 5th gen 626 springs fit but not the rear in the uppermount but because 2nd gen rear struts can be modified (lower 2 thru bolts bracket isn't wide enough) to run on 1st gen springs and strut mount than the 2nd gen strut mount can be bolted to the 1st gen strut and the mounting holes in the strut tower can be modified to bolt up the 2nd gen strut mount, so 2nd gen rears coils could be used.

I posted the inner and outer diameter of the 1st gen coil springs in this thread:
Coil spring Seats/ Insulators/ Isolators/

You can find the coil metal diameter, number of coils and height of factory 1st gen springs here:
http://manuals.wibla.net/mazda/90-92WSM/ChapterTD.pdf

Moog list all their springs by type (shape of coil) coil diameter, inner and outer diameter, spring rate, compressed height, free height... in the information section.

You could use the factory measurements to cross reference the coils listed on moogs sit to find the same size and length springs then search for lowering springs for the vehicle the coils on the moog chart are for...
But without knowing the factory spring rate which nobody seems to know it's all a guessing game, I am sure that with the coil dimensions they could all be calculated if all spring steel has the same resistance...

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
Why do you have the front mudflaps but not the rears?

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
How's the condition of the fronts, looking for some

1 - 5 of 5 Posts