Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've done some searching and can't find info on replacing the VRIS solenoids/actuators. Can anyone who has done this give me some help? I believe that neither of mine are working. Paper test says they fail - but I haven't eliminated all possibilities. I am going to soon install phenolic spacers and will then check all vacuum tubes etc. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Mike

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
mvaughn1 said:
I've done some searching and can't find info on replacing the VRIS solenoids/actuators. Can anyone who has done this give me some help? I believe that neither of mine are working. Paper test says they fail - but I haven't eliminated all possibilities. I am going to soon install phenolic spacers and will then check all vacuum tubes etc. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Mike
If yuou can install phenos then VRIS solenoids should be no issue at all. They are cake.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't think it will be hard to do, I was just wondering if there's a "best way" to do it. Like with removing the back panels of the interior. I found out the hard way that it's easiest to remove them from back to front...

Do you know where I can buy them and about how much I should be spending?

Mike

·
Registered
12 Posts
mvaughn1 said:
I don't think it will be hard to do, I was just wondering if there's a "best way" to do it. Like with removing the back panels of the interior. I found out the hard way that it's easiest to remove them from back to front...
Mike
There is no removing of the interior required... The solenoids are located below the intake manifold near the exhaust manifold (rear bank by firewall). The actuators are on top of the manifold (you obviously know where those are having done the paper test). After removing the manifold you will have clear unrestricted access to the solenoids, both of which are located on a bracket.

Do you know where I can buy them and about how much I should be spending?
Junkyard or the for sale forum. Dealers will rip you off at over $100 a piece. MAYBE try www.fordpartsonline.com or www.mazdapartsdealer.com if you insist on getting new ones. Travis williams from probetalk can also get parts at a good discount and will probably know the prices if you get in touch with him.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just bought the part you are looking for from a Mazda dealership. The part number is K801-18-741 and it cost $73.00. I let you know how easy it is to put in when I pick it up Weds.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts