Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had this car for about a year now but i dont ever drive it anymore, i'm lookin to sell it soon but want to [fizzle] around and do some [shizzle] to it so i can sell it for more then just a stock mazda.

i haven't done anything to it yet, i just need some ideas. If you have anything done to your mx6, tell me what they are and whether or not you can tell the difference. i know mazda's can take a beating with the engines they have so i wanna test mine out before i decide to get rid of it. i'm savin for a bike so i needa get more money outta my car. help me out...

thanks,
Mzd694

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
You'll get more for a stocker than you can one that's been "riced" out :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i have to do some body work for sure. when i got it, there is a good sized dent in the rear side panel, the hood was bent up on the corner and and i had a friend kinda put it back in place but its still kinda noticeable that something happened. i would be better off buying a new car but i would rather just start from scratch on this one and just make it look new again. its gunna be a project but its still the fact that i made it new again. you know?

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
well i have to do some body work for sure. when i got it, there is a good sized dent in the rear side panel, the hood was bent up on the corner and and i had a friend kinda put it back in place but its still kinda noticeable that something happened. i would be better off buying a new car but i would rather just start from scratch on this one and just make it look new again. its gunna be a project but its still the fact that i made it new again. you know?
No matter what amount of money you put into it, you won't get out of it...unless you get your parts for free and consider your time to be a charity donation. :)

IIWY, I would part it out. You may make more money out of it that way, if the body is beat to hell but everything else is fine.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No matter what amount of money you put into it, you won't get out of it...unless you get your parts for free and consider your time to be a charity donation. :)

IIWY, I would part it out. You may make more money out of it that way, if the body is beat to hell but everything else is fine.
what am i supposed to part out? lol. its all stock. and who would want anything off of a 94?

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Headlights for sure, maybe rims and tires (maybe sound strange but people need winter tires) Interior especially if its black, several under the hood parts, maybe glass if you can get it out right etc. etc.

·
Registered
284 Posts
To get the MOST money, your best off just selling it as is or parting out.

Unneedingly dumping money into it just to sell it will just cost you rather than increasing profit/value.

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
put a lift kit on it and some 26"s.

sell me the headlights and interior if its black...

·
Registered
56 Posts
It's not a house...depreciation on vehicles is insane. You will never get the money out of fixing it up unless you bought a $5,000 for $50 and spent $2,000 repairing it. I'd take the advice you've already been given. Just sell it as is. If it's running strong, don't mess with it, there are a lot of people out there that can deal w/ cosmetic problems as long as mechanics is good.

If you are completely set on fixing it up...I have a great link of a plethora of information for you...you can find it at the top of this page under the search function or in the "Appearance FAQ" as well. Welcome to the board!

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
resale value is the one thing thats keeping me from repainting my car. The value won't increase THAT much, and I wouldn't be ok with a paintjob less than $2500

1 - 11 of 11 Posts