Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what should i expect to pay to get duals, also to those who have done it, whats the best way, just splice it off in the back or run them both back from the front

--mcbride

·
Registered
321 Posts
Well to do the dual exhaust it won't be a true dual exhaust. You can not run it from the front to the back. 1. There is not enough room under the car, for our exhaust pipes run in a tunnel. 2. if you were able to get it to fit somehow there would not be enough back pressure. Now what I did was had my muffler guy use 2.5 piping and run from the cat back. Once he passed the rear axle that is where he split off the pipe. another thing you have to worry about is your spare tire well. If you don't use those little round canister type mufflers you will have to mod the well. My is molded up because I have dual dtm style mufflers. with my mufflers and piping and labor I spent 350 bucks. if you have any more questions just email me. msjweaver2earthlink.net
})

·
Registered
511 Posts
unless you want two mufflers in the back of the car, why not get a small magnaflow and put it in the midpipe and from there run a Y going to your tips or whatever. it would be like a camero or mustang type exhaust set up.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I guess you could do that. To late for me I already have two mufflers but that is good advise to the next to do that mod.

·
Boostaholic
2,029 Posts
surfstar said:
unless you want two mufflers in the back of the car, why not get a small magnaflow and put it in the midpipe and from there run a Y going to your tips or whatever. it would be like a camero or mustang type exhaust set up.
That's what I was thinking to do when I install my turbo and 3" exhaust.

Mici

·
Registered
932 Posts
That's what I want to do. I was thinking of upgrading my piping to 2.5 catback. Then to a Borla XR-1 muffler then putting a Y and having the tips come out dual! I didn't think it was possible though. Is it? And what should I use as a resonator? stock?

·
Registered
321 Posts
it is possible to do it that way. My only consern with doing it that way would be the type of tips you use to make sure you fill that cut out I got a thermal resonator it a bit bigger than stock. you can use stock if you want. some people have also replaced them with those glass pack things. not sure how that would sound thou. keep in mind that you will have to get a muffler that is rather short in length so that you have enough room for your y pipe. })

1 - 8 of 8 Posts