Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
trust me ive searched for an hour trying to find a damn answer.

Does it matter which cold air intake i use for my ze?

can i use the same on as you would the DE? because of the neck differences...I dont mind if i have to do a couple small mods...but want the best one to use thats the best fit....

much appreciated.....need to know asap....

EXAMPLE....would this work...??

eBay Motors: 93 1994 1995-97 Ford Probe Mazda MX6 V6 Cold Air Intake (item 370084794948 end time Sep-14-08 23:59:08 PDT)

thanks

PS i laughed when i read this We know you're a serious racer. But are you getting all of it?

feen

·
Registered
752 Posts
im not 100% but i would say you would have to mod it to fit, i couldnt get a bend tight enough for mine so i had the bend the stock pipe

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
whatever CAI is on my ZE, it fits fine. It just one from chromeintakes (ebay store). dont know if they have special ze intakes though

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
just realized your relocated your brake fluid resevoir to the otherside of the engine. how hard was that?

im not 100% but i would say you would have to mod it to fit, i couldnt get a bend tight enough for mine so i had the bend the stock pipe

·
Registered
128 Posts
The only thing that could be a problem would be the throttle body elbow that connects the VAF to the throttle bottle. The stock plastic piece should work unless it cracks or has cracks. I think probe addiction sells a metal pipe thats specifically for the ZE intake manifold. The rest of the cold air intake should work just fine.

·
Registered
752 Posts
just realized your relocated your brake fluid resevoir to the otherside of the engine. how hard was that?
My car is an E-spec from Australia so the steering wheel is on the right side of the car

·
Registered
549 Posts
you dont need to relocate the reservoir. i dont know why people do. even on probetalk.........here is mine. just the same as above......it clears about 1/8"

·
Registered
476 Posts
You can go to ATP TURBO - The Premiere Provider of Turbocharging Components and go to the catalog if this link does not work. Click on the Hi Temp rubber Elbows - the 3" -4" 90 degree is what I used. You will have to drill out a hole for the large vacuum tube and fabricate an orifice tube. I got one from O'Reilly's "Help" parts section made the hole tight and sealed it with silicone 3m weather stripping .

·
Registered
476 Posts
Oops here is the link-http://www.atpturbo.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=tp&Category_Code=RUB

1 - 13 of 13 Posts