Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just found a problem ive been trying to track down for about a month now which ends up being my stock intercooler.

Now I am looking to upgrade to a better one and am hoping to get some suggestions on where I can purchase one for a great price?
I am located in ontario canada and I own a 90 mx6 gt.
I am willing to cut bend metal and weld to fit into my front bumper and I will be hardpiping the whole system so if I have to re-plumb is no prob neither.

So looking for Good price, will fit, in canada!
Thanks

DREW.:angel:

·
Banned
2,630 Posts
Stock intercooler is good for stock turbo. But if u still want a aftermarket i got one pm me.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
stockers are good, if you can find an evo8 in the US, then you could get that too......
but if you can find a good stocker on kijiji, then i'd go that route.
unless you just want the looks of a big front mount, then go that way

·
Premium Member
5,011 Posts
ive had 2 stock intercoolers in good shape for over a year now, for 40 shipped. nobody has been interested in them :freak:

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
yeah, i think there are just too many of them fs - i have 2 also

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
yeah, i think there are more efficient ones out there
You hit the nail on the head ;)

After doing some logging in MS, idle intake temps at 70F then jumping up to 101F+ at full boost (ambient around 50F)...it's not as efficient as I would like it to be.

This is why I'm going to be going with an EVO

·
Registered
499 Posts
When you do find/install/test the EVO post some results. I am as well curious as to the results.... begs the question = How efficient is/was the stock intercooler?

For the money it might be a worthy investment for the modding crowd.

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
and they are fairly cheap as well. I got mine for $70 in PERFECT condition. The guy I got it from told me it never got above 70F in full boost on track days in the summer.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
You hit the nail on the head ;)

After doing some logging in MS, idle intake temps at 70F then jumping up to 101F+ at full boost (ambient around 50F)...it's not as efficient as I would like it to be.

This is why I'm going to be going with an EVO
I was seeing the same, i just got an evo IC for $80 shipped. Now I just have to figure out a piping solution...

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Nice! - never seen this before.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts