Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, I NEED pictures of the lambo door hinges for the mx6. I need of the direct bolton's not the universal ones. And if you personally have the pictures I would be VERY happy if you could take some mesurements of them:) Karma WILL be given to ANY good pictures or info.

·
Registered
965 Posts
I'll also give karma to anyone who knows from experience if the fenders HAVE to come off to install these doors. If not, which kit did you get? The reason I ask is because the way my sideskirts are put on, i'd rather not take them off to get to my fender. I know some kits say you do, but I think I read that one kit didn't require it or something.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts

·
Registered
6,447 Posts
welli apologize that I can't get a pic of the hinge itself, but i have another (less PS'd) pic of Lambo doors. I'd go through Vertucal Dorr Kits if I were you, they are the ones who started this whole craze, and have the highest quality bar none, but I may be slightly biased, they are one of my sponsors after all!

edit: for got the pic!

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
I have a site in my email fro a Direct kit for 1100 bucks shipped let me know if ya want it, too lazy right now to open email haha.

Jay

·
Registered
965 Posts
KansasMX6 said:
welli apologize that I can't get a pic of the hinge itself, but i have another (less PS'd) pic of Lambo doors. I'd go through Vertucal Dorr Kits if I were you, they are the ones who started this whole craze, and have the highest quality bar none, but I may be slightly biased, they are one of my sponsors after all!

edit: for got the pic!
The orange mx6 isn't PSed if that's what you mean. A lot of people thought it was though until he posted some higher quality pics awhile back. :)

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
PM Lowefx... If I remember correctly, that red mx6 that alex posted is friends with him...

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Jason said:
PM Lowefx... If I remember correctly, that red mx6 that alex posted is friends with him...
Alright, thanks everyone:tup: The reason I am looking into this isn't becouse I want to buy a set, its becouse I want to make a set. My dad and step mom have a C&C plasma cutter that cuts within cm's of your exact lines. It cuts up to 1 1/8" steal and I have a guy that is a VERY good welder. So I figger, instead of paying $1,200 for these things, why not make a set since I have the means to:)

·
Registered
874 Posts
I think making the hinge is not the major issue, it is the direct fitment. You can get an universal hinge for around 300 to 500 now... Then the shocks support is also not expensive. Tons of people have a hard time trying to make it work since those hinge is so crappy made..

Think about you even make your own hinge if I understand your thoughts, there will be more issue to deal with.

Just like the universal hinge will never fit a BMW Z3....That is sad and we have to get a special hinge to make it fit.

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
not trying to offend, but I don't understand what your saying.....

All I have to do is get the basic design and figgers right(length of the rasing arm, what is welded wear) then I can start to figger them out. Also my dad has cad programs and 3D modeling softwear, so we can model it all up and see how big everything is, size it right, figgerout where it moves, and know exactly where to weld.

I think the hardest thing I will have to do if findout how it closes directly onto the factory seals, that will be my hardest problem to deal with.

Maybe I will buy the universal hinges and moddify them to bolt directly onto the 6, then scan and program it all into my computer to cut it with our plasma cutter, that way I can sell a few sets and make my $ back from buying the hinges to start with.... Not sure what I will do. Does anyone know where you can buy the universal ones?

·
Registered
874 Posts
Well its cool.... What I am concern for you is the cost & time you need to make one VS the price you would like to sell later. If it is just a project for you, good luck and keep us update.

·
Its not butter?!!!!1
4,968 Posts
wow.. some of you guys have amazing cars.. Kansas.. your car rocks..

nice pics.

Just wondering of how easy is it to get into the car with these lambo doors?

also.... how do you lift the door open from the outside.. or the inside? thanks to all..

I can't give karma to Konsig.. or Kansas anymore.. I've given too much recently... but your help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ok, I am pretty sure that is NOT Kansas's car, lol, think its just a pic of a car with lambos. But correct me if I'm wrong. Also, this is just a project for my to build myself some rather than to pay tons of money to get them. And if I get a universal set and modify them to fit maybe I will make a set or 2 so that I can sell them to some fellow 6ers to get some of my $ back and help people out:) but this is all way off in the future.

·
Registered
6,447 Posts
definitley not my car, but it is a incredible car, and one of the few that i love the shogun on, your car is also on that list graham. the universal kit will fit fine, the only difference in all the other kits is where holes ared drilled! they drill them to mathc up with hinge holes on each car, on the universal kit you drill the holes yourself, that is truly the only difference. my car make that green car look like shit!})

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
JoKeR6 said:
Also, this is just a project for my to build myself some rather than to pay tons of money to get them.
Damn joker, again, I couldn't agree with you more... I'm the same way..

I'm still thikning about doing a suicide door conversion, but I'd have to buy the kit( i can et one around 200ish) and look how much work is involved in doing that!

But, I do know where you're comming from... You're building the car, so why not build the parts for it? right?

1 - 20 of 52 Posts