Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay heres the deal.
i want a bit more power from my LS.
i have exhaust and just put in a new intake.
i have about 250 dollars to spend on something but it needs to be something i can easily install myself.
whats good?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i know smog is dumb in cali. i dont think im going to go with headers and i also dont know how easily accessed the headers are. my main thing is i need something i can install easily by myself

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
im also gonna leave the exhaust alone because i know it has something done. just not sure wether its just like a muffler or the whole systems been taken care of. i do know they are magnaflows. dont know exactly whats been done to the car. i bought it as is except for the intake i just stuck on today :D

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
its about an inch lower for sure.
the person who had it before slapped on a bunch of goodies.
how good are front and rear strut braces? i been kinda lookin into those

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
IMO the strut tower braces doesn't do much on these cars. a bigger rear stabilizer bar does tho.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
great! i will definatly look into it. oh and can i ask you where you got chip for your ECU? i see you have that in your mod list

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
great! i will definatly look into it. oh and can i ask you where you got chip for your ECU? i see you have that in your mod list
only KLZE owners needs such mod to get the correct VRIS points and tune for the KLZE. if u have a KLZE and need to unlock it's potential, PM probinator

·
Premium Member
9,394 Posts
There is NO chip that will make more power on a stock mx6. The $$ to send the computer to Jet for "tuning" will net you MAYBE 5hp at most.

The ZE chips make more power with the ZE motor because they change the settings in the ECU to match the settings in the ZE ECU.

·
Registered
316 Posts
yes, the KLDE is the engine these cars came with in north america. the KLZE is the japanese spec engine, it makes 200hp vs the 164hp KLDE. since you live in cali you def wont pass emissions tests with a ZE

·
Registered
86 Posts
For someone who has debated all options (n2o, turbo, supercharger, motor build, KLZE) and has finally decided on a KLZE, people say the motor makes 200hp.... but is it less when you swap it until you get a chip or j-spec ecu... or do you just make MORE than 200hp once you chip it??

1 - 20 of 23 Posts