Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
The rotors should be an inexpensive fix....probably new pads, and have your rotors machined if they're not too thin.

Can't help you with the air bag light...fortunately I haven't had that problem.

Is your trunk leaking from above or below? There was a recent thread here; you should look that up.

If the oil is on the rear plugs....not fun. New valve cover gasket time.

Where is the 2nd gear noise coming from?

Pillarless windows can be adjusted on some cars; you may want to look in that for your car.

Or just sell yours and buy mine, which has none of those problems :)

Tyson
95 LS (for sale)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the noise i think might be coming form the transmission when i shift at low rpms around 3000rpms it makes a weird clunk noise. i have no problem shiftin into gear, it just makes a wierd noise.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Rear rotor screech: If your car is a 93-95 1'2 and it's the rear right then you are probably experiencing caliper lock up. The car is prone to it. You will need to havethe caliper rebuilt or replaced. There are some temporary fixes for it, I think you need to lube the e-barke conection to the caliper.

Air bag: What sequence does the light flash in. Should flash a few times pause then some more. The number before and after the pause determines the error code.

Leaky trunk: Check the seal around the trunk for tears, if big replace it, if small use some silicone to reseal it.

Oil on spark plugs: Your valve cover gasket is leaking. Use the seearch function or look at past posts for a how to to fixing it.

Shifting noise: No clue really but it might be the syncros in teh transmition. Or you may just need to change the tranny fluid. Try that first and see if it helps. You a synthetic like Redline or Royal Purple. What ever you do do not use Mobil 1 as it will eat parts of the tranny up. Make sure the fluid is GL-4 compliant.

Shaking window: Take the door panel off and look for the bolts that hold the window rails in place and tighten them up.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As for the oil on the plugs, it's your valve cover gaskets... good news they are about 20 bucks each from mazda and the front one is extremely easy to replace, the bad news is the back one is a pain it the butt to replace, but it's worth doing it yourself.

loose window seals.... will probably need to replace.

airbag light... i've got that problem, different code, was wondering where to find trouble codes for airbag sys???

Shifting into 2nd... got that one too, had my clutch replaced recently and if i try to shift into 2nd above 3500 rpm, 2nd grinds. let me know what you find out about this one...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts