Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok first let me say that I do not drive a mx6 but you boosted guys may know the answers anyways. I drive a vj11 boosted 93 protege with a bp05 in it.

My setup is:
Vj11
Mx6 grey top turbo injectors
Fmic
Gtx ecu(bpt)
Gtx vaf(bpt)

Here's a low down of what's going on. When idleing my wideband says its running at mid 14s(perfect). Cruising not in boost it jumps around 14.1-15.3(again perfect). Half throtlle/5psi of boost its in the 12s(should be 11s). I've adjusted the vaf richer and these numbers don't change(the idle runs richer). Aty wot it will start at 12/? and climb all the way into the 15s and then I let off.

So here are my f2t questions. What psi are you guys at on the fpr? Are any of you guys using a bigger turbo than the vj11 or even a tbird hybrid but still using the f2t injectors?

I have a tbird hybrid setup almost ready for install but won't because of this lean out issue. I've tried different vaf,changed fuel filter,installed a walbro 255 fuel pump and all is running the same. My bud is pretty much running the same setup(minus the pump) and has the same issues so I'm thinking the injectors on the n/a bp rail flow to little.our n/a rail I believe is at 42psi.

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
I ran the tbird on stock GT injectors and never ran into a lean issue. Do you have the part numbers on your injectors? Can you fit the MX6 GT fuel rail and FPR? Have you considered running a 3:1 or 4:1 FPR? Stock is 1:1.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've already tried adjusting the vaf and it still happnes :(

As for the injectors, they came out of a 91 probe turbo. Grey top oval connectors. I can't remember the denso number but I remember when I got them I looked up the number and it was the 325cc ones. I would run a fmu if I can figure out what size I'd need. Something like a 4:1 might be just right. Most I see is 12:1. I don't want to glaze my cyl everytime I boost. Anyone here selling a small 3:1-4:1? Best bet would be to post a wtb ad I suppose.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
have you tried pushing the tps out of adjustment though? many people with running rich issues have to readjust the tps, maybe you can use this in your favor.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
I ran the tbird on stock GT injectors and never ran into a lean issue. Do you have the part numbers on your injectors? Can you fit the MX6 GT fuel rail and FPR? Have you considered running a 3:1 or 4:1 FPR? Stock is 1:1.
tbird ran lean on me 15-16 psi the other day on 93 octane....heard some fun noises from my engine so i backed it off to 12 ish for now till i get my 190 fuel pump.

·
Premium Member
5,011 Posts
the ecu should correct your idle and cruise to be stoich off the narrowband o2 feedback. the ecu is probably upping the pulse width to compensate if the fuel pressure is lower than what it should be. im sure the fuel maps are a bit different in the gtx ecu from that of a f2t ecu. i would say up the fuel pressure to see if it helps, but if not, you might need to go standalone. at your horsepower levels, i doubt the rail is an issue

also i dont know how similar the vafs are. but when you are adjusting the vaf, are you increasing the spring tension, or adjusting the screw? on ours, the screw doesnt change a whole lot, the spring tension does

1 - 7 of 7 Posts