Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off thanks everyone who gave me great ideas for my system. This is what I have in my Mx-6 now 2 pioneer 10's subs thats hooked up to 600 watt 4 chanel Pioneer amp. This is all hooked up to factory deck.

I just bought 1 pair on Pioneer 6*8 for the door speakers and a 2 chanel 160 watt pioneer amp off a show in Toronto. My plans where to put the 6*8 in the front doors and run the amp to power them. But then I thought why don't I buy another pair of 6*8's for the rear speakers and then get a 4 chanel amp to run all four speakers. So I'm thinking I will return the amp back to the store and get another pair on Pioneer 6*8's. Then later on get a 4 chanel amp to power all four speakers.

My goal here is just to get a little better highs out my system. Do you think that I should get another pair of 6*8's or just stick with my first idea. I'm confussed in what to do can someone help me out?????

One more question I was thinking of getting tweeters for the car but someone told me that they won't make a big difference in highs. Is that True? Should I just get Tweeters too??

Help!

·
Registered
446 Posts
Buy a good component set (midrange & tweeter). 5 X 7, 6 X 9, etc are a joke. Hell yes, tweeters make a difference!

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So what should I do?

Should I trade in the amp for Tweeters and just put my 6*8's in the front and forget the rear??

·
Registered
164 Posts
Think back to my last post to you.

Forget anything fancy in the rear if you have sub bass speakers already. You have so don't go there.

As for tweeters, of course they make a difference, but all high frequencies should be subtle and not harsh and in your face.

Just slow down a little and re-read my last thread, all the info is there.

You are more than welcome to have a look at my web site for more info... http://www.efmax.co.uk

good luck.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I think that you are jumping the gun a bit. you should always start with a nice head unit. one because it provides more power than the factory. which is good till you can aford the amps that you need. 2 go buy a nice set of componets. if you don't want to make a bracket JL makes a set that has a 5x7 and a tweet it is there xr series. you can put the speakers you just got in the rear, or take them back and use the money towrds your components.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
IMHO

front: nice compact component setup

rear: your 6x9's or 6x8's

trunk: subs

run speakers off 1 amp and subs off another amp

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
Superman 39 said:
you should always start with a nice head unit. one because it provides more power than the factory. which is good till you can aford the amps that you need.
and two???

always? if the factory deck has a good s/n ratio, it will be fine for running everything powered by amps. all it does is become what its called... a "head unit". i think thats what he has in mind.

plus it gives a stock look, a thief will pass this car up unless he/she knows what you have...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts