Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Boostaholic
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yea! I need to turn the key for about approx. :eek: 5 seconds until the car starts! Yea, the startmotor works normally but the car just won't start immediately. The weirdest thing about this is when I haven't touched the car for 24 hrs and when I start it, it starts running immediately! I just don't get it. :confused: It ain't the plugs or wires, I have replaced those. I'm just about to seal this on my personal MX-6 X-files cause I'm having a bit like an dead end here with my car...
Mici
My eyes are gettin crossed now... XO

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
Slippy said:
Sounds like a timing problem. Is that even possible? Have it checked out at the dealer.
actually it is poosible but the chances of it being the culprit are SLIM!

whats the voltage on your battery like? how old is it? when i first bought my car, all i had to do was click the key for about .25 seconds and it would start. this is of course different with the V6 but 5 seconds is way too long. with the car turned off and cold, check the voltage with a voltmeter.

·
Registered
100 Posts
could be something like vapor lock. I have heard about this on another list that I am on for a different car. But it can happen to any car. Try insulating your fuel line at the injector rails. My guess is that it is a problem somewhere in the fuel system, so you might want to check that out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts