Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im not sure if this should go in pics, performance or looks so i put it in here. Move if felt needed. The thing is i want to get a CAI and ive choosen the prm, i was wondering if I could get a brief description on how well it works and how much gain if possible, also brief in structions and any pics availible thanks, i searched but got a lot of returns and not what i was looking for...Dave

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
mx6invader said:
im not sure if this should go in pics, performance or looks so i put it in here. Move if felt needed. The thing is i want to get a CAI and ive choosen the prm, i was wondering if I could get a brief description on how well it works and how much gain if possible, also brief in structions and any pics availible thanks, i searched but got a lot of returns and not what i was looking for...Dave
PRM is a very nice CAI. I like mine. It works wuite well though I have no hard numbers to back it up since the nearest dyno is 4 hours away. I would guess it adds a hp or 2. And a decent sound. Not alot, but thats the way these things work. :shrug: they add up bit by bit.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does it look as nice as the usual chrom pipe going through the engine like hot shots?

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
mx6invader said:
Does it look as nice as the usual chrom pipe going through the engine like hot shots?
Probably not for one reason. It does not come witht he TB elbow. So you have to reuse your balcjk plastic one

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Also does Hotshots CAI make more performance then PRM or are they about equal?

·
Premium Member
3,965 Posts
Hotshot is definately more gain than the prm cause the filter on the Hotshot is 'under' the car. The prm filter is above but the filter is sooo small. I can definately tell a big defference in power with a HD cai (filter under the car). Better throttle responce and more pull mid to high end. By doing both mods, the Hotshot 'style' is the best for more power. The prm is safer since the downpipe can be removed to a warm air intake setup in under 2 minutes.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Ruubstr94Ls said:
Hotshot is definately more gain than the prm cause the filter on the Hotshot is 'under' the car. The prm filter is above but the filter is sooo small. I can definately tell a big defference in power with a HD cai (filter under the car). Better throttle responce and more pull mid to high end. By doing both mods, the Hotshot 'style' is the best for more power. The prm is safer since the downpipe can be removed to a warm air intake setup in under 2 minutes.
Jeez I dynoed identical with Hotshot and PRM. :shrug: I don't know. I would think PRM flows just as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts