Votes: 15 65.2%
  • Leave them the way they are

Votes: 8 34.8%
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Banned
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my vr4 calipers back from powdercoating and I want your opinion on something. Should I sand the red off of the raised "MITSUBISHI" letters and make them silver or should I just leave them alone.
For some reason the shop I took them to would not do it for me. They said if they tried to tape up just the letters it would leave part of the area around the letters uncoated so I just said "OK" and for 20.00 each, I couldnt complain.

Give me your opions please

Heather

·
Banned
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Na I like the letters...theres nothing wrong with the mitsubishi being on them. that's who made them. we have lots of parts on our cars made by mitsubishi.

Heather

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
Heather said:
Na I like the letters...theres nothing wrong with the mitsubishi being on them. that's who made them. we have lots of parts on our cars made by mitsubishi.

Heather
just b/c that's who made them, doesn't mean you should be advertising it.

EDIT: you're not advertising chevy on your trunk, now are you?? ;)

·
Banned
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Huh? It doesnt mean that I have to shave it off like I'm embarassed it's mitsu...I might shave it off if it said "HONDA" on it FUji...lol.... ;)

Heather

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
i agree that it shouldn't be red, considering that you car is red, right? the calipers should really be a differing color. i think gold would be pretty dope.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I think they look good as is, Heather. Leave 'em IMO. :tup:

·
Premium Member
5,344 Posts
Scuff sand the Mitsu part down to bare metal and leave it like that....Now get on with this install procedure! I want to know how to do this! Oh and if you make brackets, mass produce them, cause I want a set!

·
Banned
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
lol...Fuji, I'm painting my car a charcoal color so they wont be the same color as the car. It will be a minute on the install but I will have it done in a few weeks for sure.

Heather

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
btw heather...make brackets so they fit on the 1g GT as well ;) hehe

btw...IMO, sand the paint off and paint the Mitsu portion either white or black :tup:

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
FUjii13 said:
just b/c that's who made them, doesn't mean you should be advertising it.
My thoughts exactly.. hence the Ford front VC on my 2g.

Side note.. I'm curious if the PC will come right off once you put some torque to those bolt heads.

·
Premium Member
5,344 Posts
Heather said:
no brackets are needed for these to fit. Just some grinding.

Heather
Don't you need different rotors to work with these as the 3000gt rotors were thicker...I'm really curious as to what is required to do this conversion. Get on this Heather!

·
Banned
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You will need stock 91-93 vr4 rotors, calipers, pads, and depending on the rims you use, you may need spacers. Search it on PT and you will find the few people who have done it. There was one guy who used aftermarket rx7 rotors with hats but he had to have stuff machined and it cost him alot more than I want to pay. I would just assume grind the mounting tabs down a bit to make it not rub.

Heather

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
Heather said:
who cares, the bolt heads face the inside and are not seen when on...
Apparently you since you had them PC'd? :shrug:

Good info though overall. Probably cheaper than a BBK in the end as well.

Are they the same 5x114.3 bolt pattern?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts