Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok gang. I am ordering my kit for my car. I have always loved the look of the shogun front and sides, however think the rear sho gun is dumb.. the two little things that go on the stock bumper.

SO, i am thinking of going shogun front and sides, and a BC rear.
I think this would look ok. But i took a closer look at some pics of the bc rear, and i'm not 100% sure how it would look with the shogun sides..

i mean how the bc rear is quite square on the sides to where shogun is like more flowing..

WHat do you guys think? should I go with it????? shogun front and sides and bc rear?

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ragincanajun4 said:
do nothing with either, go with the style 44 kit or mazdaspeed lip.
no, you see, i'm getting the kit given to me.. i have the choice of shogun or bc.. or mix em up...:tup:

·
Registered
6,447 Posts
the BC sides look fine witha shogun, it has been done many times and looks dandy, although the style 44 is awesome looking if you only have those two choices go ahead and do the BC rear. I actaully like the shogun rear add ons but if you don't then don't put em on, just go with your gut and you'll end up happy.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Quite a few people have done BC rear with shogun front and sides. I just don't see why you don't like the shogun rear...that's my fav part lol. Ah well, I guess everyone has their own opinion =)

Reactions: midrange

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the shogun rear. are those 2 tiny panels. and go on stock bumper. maybe i should look into it closer.. i just think shogun rear are cheap.. maybe its just me

·
Registered
6,447 Posts
they aren't really tiny but yes they are two panels that you attach to the stock bumper, i honestly think they flow very well with the kit and the side view of them matches the front perfectly, just be sure you have a good shop attach them so they don't crack, i personally have full BC kit, so you know my favorite.

·
Registered
965 Posts
midrange said:
the shogun rear. are those 2 tiny panels. and go on stock bumper. maybe i should look into it closer.. i just think shogun rear are cheap.. maybe its just me
Would most likely pay less to have them installed also. I dunno man, they look clean from the right angle. But I know what you're saying. A lot of people ask me where my rear kit is haha. A lot of cars have just add ons, the supra, rx7, etc. Your car though, so good luck and post pics when it's finished. :tup:

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
how do i attach the rear fins?!? I have been asking around forever, poprivets just pull right out when you sqeeze it, the plastic is not hard enough, just molding isnt secure enough. Help please

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
seperoth said:
how do i attach the rear fins?!? I have been asking around forever, poprivets just pull right out when you sqeeze it, the plastic is not hard enough, just molding isnt secure enough. Help please
i would temp screw it on.. then fiberglass all around the edges.. it will harden so you can remove screws starts sanding.. and sanding.. and sand.. and sand some more. use a bit of bondy to make the mold smooth.. sand some more. add more bondo if needed... sand some more.. LOL

you get the idea.. thats how we put on side skirts.. i would assume the same for those.. then i just use a bit of bondy to fil in screw hole.. and your done..

Reactions: Blake

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
seperoth said:
ok what if you have no expertise in fiberglass work at all, could i screw it on then just bondo it?
that would probably result in cracking.... fiberglass is super easy..

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
no, just bondo over the screws so you cant see them and leave the edges the same. Just so they are on there with no molded look to them, you see i tried rivets and the pressure on the stock bumper is too much so they just pop right through it. So im looking for an alternative to rivets.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
rivets will work.. you just need to put something o nthe bumper so its not riveting onto the plastic bumper. like a small piece of metel with a hole drilled in it. put your rivet though.. THEN pump th egun. the metal will serve the same purpose as a washer.. more suport and will not be able to pull back though the bumper.....

·
Registered
6,447 Posts
take it to a licensed shop and have them do it. you can take off your bumper and prep the new pieces to save money but i would honestly have a shop or someone who knows what they're doing give it a go, will last longer and have better results, just my .02 as a body man

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
i tried the washer thing too, but it was freezing and i couldnt get my hand behind the bumper in the fender well. and right on where the crack is between the bumper and the actual car, i dont think i can get a washer behind there either

1 - 20 of 39 Posts