Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a set of gray seatbelts for a 88 mx6 gt? My driver side belt is messed up and I don't like driving without a seatbelt on. I've got the manual seatbelt setup not the automatic one, please pm or reply to this thread if you can help. :tup:

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
I'll ask Compnut...he's here tonight fixing my MS...also, your turbo is put back together, just need to mail it off monday. Btw, did you want the downpipe? I also only have one turbine/center housing bracket...

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Zach, I don't need the downpipe cause I'm using a 2.5 inch downpipe right now and I've also got that support bracket too but thanks for offering.

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
Talked to Kaleb, he has the front seat belts. Give him a holler in his FS thread I linked up :)

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
compnut...kaleb is his real name :p

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I already talked with him and he said the ones he had were sold and also excuse me for my duhhh moment

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
he said the buckles were sold, but not the belts. Do you need the buckles, belts, or both? I might be able to find some at the JY on thursday if you'd like.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Sorry, I should have said buckles, but my experience with this already is that while seatbelts look the same in these cars they are not always because I have a junkyard set in my car now and tried just getting the buckles but when I got home and put them in my shoulder harness would not buckle into them so I had to go back to the junkyard and get the harness part to make it work. If you see a set go ahead and get them ( both buckle and harness ) and get back with me as I was telling kaleb I had a bad wreck when I was younger and ate the windshield so I prefer seatbelts to none.

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
No prob, and I'm assuming the manual belts? :)

·
Registered
63 Posts
wasn't there a recall on the buckles?, i have an 89 and i took my car to the dealership and got new buckles for free less than a month ago, idk if the recall was on the 88 as well.

·
Registered
63 Posts
i was told about the recall from the previous owner then i confirmed it by checking an alldata, called the dealership and scheduled and appointment then got the parts and work done completely free.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts