Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm reading alot of diffrent opinions on the j spec 2.5. i was considering putting one in my 93 mx6 with an 8 to 10 psi turbo boost. as well i would like to install an unorthodox drive pulley and light weight flywheel. my question is would this set up work and if so what power could i expect, if not why? and if not what would be more worth it.

·
Registered
283 Posts
that setup is not recommended due to the high compression ratio of a stock ze. why not boosting or spraying a stock 03? if you stay with 6 psi or 75-shot, you should be okay given the compression test is within limits. anything beyond that would probably required forged components to ensure reliability and avoid costly setback.

how much power do you want??

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i'm trying to get 350 horse with turbo. can you sugest the best course of action. also the engine i have has already 180 thousnad km. so i'm woried about using it should i try to get the same engine just less km and start there.:confused:

·
Registered
283 Posts
very ambitious..... do you have a spending limit? why not get just a turbo kit from thomas knight and boost low to get started. if you're still not happy then build up a new motor while you drive.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
money is not to much of a problem i just need a good plan. you seem to know your stuff so thank u for the help. you say build an engine could i use the 2.5 as a start and build up on that with a full rebuild or should i build a completely different engine. i ask because there are some parts i would like to buy for my engine now like the fly wheel and the pulley. but i don't want to spend the money if i can't use them later. to be honest i would rather get a used low milege 2.5 and see how much could be done if possible.:confused: :confused:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts