Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
alright i know this section is for non mx6 things but i would like opinions of tires in general (that will eventually end up on my 6)

any additional tire suggestions would be great

my needs
205/50R16

my wants
at least 400 treadwear
as good of performance as i can get
decent-good wet traction
no need for snow traction
lots-o-miles (25-30k+ miles out of them if possible)
treadwear warranty/defect warranty if possible Pirellis dont come with one

alright i was first looking at a set of

Pirelli P-Zero Nero M+S
Tire Details - Discount Tire Co.

but at $650 for 4 tires installed and all that mess (basically) it seems a bit much. i was also looking at these

Kumho Ecsta ASX

$550
wow kumhos are on sale on tirerack for 63 a piece!! anybody got reviews on them personally? they would cost $400 with everything if i ordered them?!!!

or

BF Goodrich g-Force Super Sport A/S

$580

·
Premium Member
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anybody with 1st hand experience with the Kumho Ecsta ASX tires please tell me what you think. i REALLY dont want to buy crappy tires again

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
I have Kumho Ecsta ASX and I love them. Ive had them for about 18,000 miles. For me they are better than what I had before ( good year eagle GT-HR). The kumhos perform very good in the rain. Ive had some close calls and manouvering to get out from an accident in the wet, the tires stick very well. They are quiet too. For daily driving I recommend them. I don't do auto-cross or racing so I can't comment on that. I got them from tire rack at 60 something about 1.5 yrs ago. I don't know why they are so expensive now. My size is 205/55/R15

·
Premium Member
597 Posts
I have the Kuhmo Ecsta ASX's as well. Good tires. I have 215-50-17's on mine (Mazda6 wheels). They grip the road better than any tire ive ever had. Tread still seems new after about 12.xxx miles. :tup:

·
Premium Member
5,344 Posts
I have a friend with the ASX and I have the SPTs. They are great tires. Definitely recommend them.

·
Its not butter?!!!!1
4,968 Posts
YOu might want to look at Toyo Proxies, TR-1's. I have a set on my Z4, phenominal traction, high 300's or early 400's tread wear I believe and decent handling in the rain. Very happy with them. :D

·
Premium Member
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well i picked up the kumho excsta asx's for $540 out the door with roadhazard, free replacement(if damaged), lifetime rotate balance. so i feel pretty good. we will see how they handle but first i have to figure out what the hell is wrong with my steering system...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts