Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, how hard is it to hook up neon lights INSIDE of ur mx-6, has anyone does this? how much does it cost? i know u can buy lights that hook into the lighter output, but i dont want to have my ash tray open all the time
let me know, thanx

PT

·
Registered
357 Posts
hardwire

you will have to hardwire the stuff from a spare wire behind the dash... you'll prolly have to dig around. or you can get a kit at local car store for a foglights switch. get that, hook it up and then you have the switch casing inside the car ready for the 12v hook up. then you can hook the neons/strobes from there.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I installed a 20in red neon light in the back kinda under the edge of the rear seats. I ran one wire to the rear seat back and grounded it on the amp. The other wire i ran under the plastic door sill. Then i ran it into a fuse that is a constant power source. After that i ran another wire up from the hood release and put in a switch to turn the light on. It was real easy to do. If you have any questions just let me know.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanx Adsmx6, i was just wondering one thing, where did u put the switch and what kind of switch is it(look wise)?
and about how much did it cost ya?

thanx

·
Registered
154 Posts
The switch is just a black toggle switch, about 1in long. It was less then a dollar at a home depot. The switch is on the driver side, on the panel that slants down from the steering wheel. It is in line with the hood release latch. You cant see it without peering down there. Hope that helps a bit!

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Pimptown....

it is also illegal to have a neon light inside your ride in Mi. another "distraction" BS excuse. be carefull buddy.

SolarSlash

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Boy, i wasnt aware that michigan sucked soo much (lol)
well is neon lights inside ur car kinda like having all the windows tinted out? i mean i know thats illegal but i have never heard of anyone getting pulled over just because of the tint, or do they(police) take neon lights inside more serious

thats cool(maybe) that u used to live here S.S.
not an exciting town HaHa
well ill talk to ya latr

peace

G

·
I have red neons inside mine wired straight to my headlights....was easy....just hook em up to your fuse..

Fortunately, its not illegal in ohio :)

G

·
Personally, I don't like neon lights. I think they cheapen the look of a car that already looks awesome just on it's own. You should leave that stuff for the Honda Civics :)

·
Registered
734 Posts
bdonkersgoed said:
Personally, I don't like neon lights. I think they cheapen the look of a car that already looks awesome just on it's own. You should leave that stuff for the Honda Civics :)
Agreed...

G

·
Not sure how to post a link,but this is the addy...found this one day when I was bored...http://beingseentechnologies.goemerchant2.com/nscgi-bin/BeingSeenTechnologies/index.cgi?Merchant=BeingSeenTechnologies&Cartid=230973902516&Total_Weight=
This is'nt neon,it's electroluminescent - like INDIGLO.Runs directly off 12vdc and runs cool.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts