Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just changed all of my interior lights to the color green, and with my next check am getting a green neon shift knob....I know nothing about wiring, but want to hook it up to the headlight switch, so it comes on when I turn on my headlights.....also, I don't even know how to remove the original shift knob? does it just screw off, pull off, or what? please help

·
Registered
61 Posts
the light thing sounds like a good idea.....sorry i cant help u though....

but the shifter is a screw off type......ive changed mine a few times

·
Registered
61 Posts
hey goat, go on over here: http://www.streetglow.com/site/i-shift.htm

i don't know if that's how all of the knobs work, but it looks like that particular can either use the cig. lighter for a temporary thing or you can hardwire it into your car. as far as the headlight thing, i'm sure it can be done, but i'm not the one who can tell you how.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The green interior lights look great(especially with the green exterior). Mine were all green when i bought the car(still green). I had the green neon shift knob, but i didn't like how it looked(too tall). If you had the short shift kit installed it might not be too bad. You can hard wire the shift knob by cutting off the cigarette plug, but most of the ones i have seen have a switch on the knob. You may be able to leave the switch on, then run it to the light switch, or somewhere on that circuit. Isn't it nice that ford/mazda made the key light green for you already? :) Now all you need is an alpine head unit and you're "super green"

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i work at an audio store and we carry street glow i can get everything for cost so if anybody wants anything give me a holler

·
Premium Member
3,965 Posts
Interior Lights!!!!!!!

Where did you all get the green interior lights from and what kind of bulbs are used because I wanted to have green interior lighting also since my car is green on the outside.

Thanks

Ruby

1 - 7 of 7 Posts