Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got neon washer nozles (the ones on top of the hood) and went to go put them on tonight and could see no way of removing the stock ones??

Anybody done this/know how??

Any help appreciated!!

·
Registered
52 Posts
ya, I have always wanted to get these. aren't they only like $12 on ebay? I just didn;t want to get them and then leave them lying around because i don't have money to pay someone to do it. If anyone knows how, please do tell!

Halim

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea I got mine of ebay and didn't even bother to look under the insulation on the hood...i've helped lots of my friends do it on their (sorry to mention this diry word :eek: ) HONDA's

There must be some way to do it and I'm sure somebody out there has to know....

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
are you telling me that of all the mx6 experts on this board no one knows how to remove the windshield washer nozzels??

I can't hardly believe that....

·
Premium Member
10,652 Posts
no offense but i see those on a honda (usually an old crappy one too, falling apart with the bumper tied on with chicken wire) and think "typical..."

i'll see them around and say to myself.. ricey...

and i saw them on a new frickin bmw once, and was like why oh WHY would someone do that to such a beautiful car!!!!! bmw doesnt need to imitate rice.

i feel our cars fall into the more beautiful side of things... we dont need to imitate rice..

just my opinion.

A

·
0 Posts
i could not agree more with u Goat, I see them, and think....... "tack-y"
mx6's are way to nice to coat them with all those trivial little neon trinkets.
but that's only my opinion

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
i got blue ones on my orange mx6 and red ones on my red mx6 all u need to do istake a blunt but then knife of screw driver and slowly lift them up thats it the wiring is a different story

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
MAZDA KID said:
i got blue ones on my orange mx6 and red ones on my red mx6 all u need to do istake a blunt but then knife of screw driver and slowly lift them up thats it the wiring is a different story
So they're not screwed on in any way?? And you just pushed up where the hoses go....cause on mine all i can see is where the hoses go up into the hood, I can't actually see any part of the nozzle itself.

Anybody else concur that all I need to do is push and that there is no "screwing" necessary

I agree with everyone that the mx6 is a great looking car (a big part of the reason I bought one), but I would like to see what :eek: MY :eek: car looks like with these on!!

And my understanding of rice is all show no go, well I believe that my car has PLENTY of "GO" to support a few little lights if I decide I like them!!

Thanks for the replies :D

·
Registered
216 Posts
Ive got red ones on mine,, all you have to do is pop of the old ones then just place the new one in the whole then while holding it down you place the tube back into the washer nozles. the wiring is easy just get some ground from the engine bay then run the power wire to the inside of the car find a switch then run it to some power and your done hardest part is finding were to put the switch!

·
Registered
100 Posts
OH MY GOD! MX-6's are not for ricing!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
rstylemx6 said:
all you have to do is pop of the old ones then just place the new one in the whole then while holding it down you place the tube back into the washer nozles.
Just push up on them with a screwdriver and they'll pop out?? It's not threaded????

·
Premium Member
3,844 Posts
rstylemx6 said:
Ive got red ones on mine,, all you have to do is pop of the old ones then just place the new one in the whole then while holding it down you place the tube back into the washer nozles.
Do your new washers not have the spacer washer and nut to tighten them down???

1 - 16 of 16 Posts