Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
NEONs

hey man, i raced my cousins neon r/t when i first got my mx6, and i blew the top off it, his mouth dropped when he saw me squeel out of 3rd, not to mention that i have an automatic and murder his little neon

G

·
0 Posts
neons are of course lighter in weight than the mx6 and the r/t's got 150hp so that aint bad...i have yet to race a modded neon yet though so i couldnt tell ya how we'd fair with one.

G

·
0 Posts
Neons

I've raced a few Neons, some moded, some not. Beat em all though, they suck. A stock MX6 V6 would blow the doors off of any stock Neon, RT whatever. I think it would take alot of mods to make a Neon win.

G

·
0 Posts
a Neon beat me

I LOst!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i can't believe it. I was racing a 95' Neon 5-speed, it had fake dual exhaust, a mufler, no cat, a exhaust header, a pulley, and an iceman intake. So I thought i could take him. so we got together and decided to meet somewhere later on to race. He called me up and we met and checked if the road was clear , so it was so we stopped and counted to three and went , i beat him off the line at least till 55mph then he was cathcing up =( he was power shifting through all the gears of course, and he beat at 80mph. he was 3/4 of a car lenght ahead of me.!!! Its insane.
Well that's my story
Keith,

[Edited by MazdaMan83 on 11-03-2000 at 06:59 AM]

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well u never know it might have NOS but u might need to learn more about a 5spd i mean he might be a great 5spd driver, u know not saying u r not i dont know just a thought man

G

·
0 Posts
I knew the guy who owns the neon and the sad the thing was he didn't have NOS!!!

[Edited by MazdaMan83 on 11-04-2000 at 09:15 AM]

G

·
0 Posts
Hmmmmmmmmmmm...

I don't get it. I've raced a couple of them going down the road, and I pulled away no problem. Hell, my '94 Civic EX w/5spd could give 'em a good race too. Power shifting does make a difference though, if done right. One little slip, however, and it can wreak havoc on the tranny. Even so, I still find it hard to believe he beat you at 80+ since the 2.5 in our 6 is awfully torquey at those speeds. I just took a late 90s Eclipse last night on the freeway (probably wasn't the GS-T though) from 75 to 105. He didn't wanna play any more after that. Back to your race with the Neon-- are your sure he didn't have other mods?

G

·
0 Posts
Well he took his car to the track and The Neon ran 15.7 trap speed on street tires with full weight, and stock i have read my car only hit 15.8, So i guess it's time for a nice exhaust sytem for me, but i need an exhausts system that sounds really deep, which one should i choose??

G

·
0 Posts
Took a Neon 2Dr from 75-110

Last Friday night I was cruising down the freeway at 75mph and noticed a neon coming up on me pretty quick. He got alongside me, then backed off, seeming like he wasn't quite sure what to think of my car. A couple miles down the road I got in the left lane to pass a guy and the Neon decided to get on my bumper. I dropped to fourth and let it out. He was actually right behind me until about 85, and then the distance between us began to increase. I let off at 110, and he was back there doing about 95-100. I have to say I was impressed with the quickness of his car, and I thought he might be holding back (not wanting to get a ticket), so I slowed down to 80 and let him come up on me again. We went again, and again I let off at 110 and he was doing about 95-100. I kept it at 110 for a mile or two, and he became a spec in the rearview. Hey, his neon was a 2dr but didn't have the typical racing stripes that I always see on the R/T. Are all of the 2Dr's designated as the R/T with 150HP, or do some of them have the same 132HP motor that comes in the 4dr? Either way, his car wasn't a pushover.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts