Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys! Well, the problems with buying a used car have begun! My power antenna motor just burned up on me yesterday. I was going to shave the stock one and relocate it anyways but does anyone have any suggestions for some small but powerful antennas? I have heard of a Fuba (spelling?) antenna but I don't know what else is on the market. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks guys. :)

·
Registered
116 Posts
Antenna

Here is a part list for a fuba antenna
http://www.rapidparts.com/Pages/vwc002b.html
It isn't that hard really, just take the headliner off, measure in the middle of your roof behind the sunroof, then drill a hole down, use some waterproof silicone and rubber gaskets, seal it in, get an extension for the antenna wire then splice it into the antenna wire that is already in your car. Happy mod'n

Any questions email me

-Shawn

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info, I really appreciate it. Did you install one of these antenna yourself and how good is the reception?

·
Registered
116 Posts
yeppers

Yeah I did install that antenna, the reception is much better than the stock, I can get radio stations in NY like hot 97 clearly anywhere in CT, while with the other on I had to be lower than New Haven, This might not make any sense to you, but pretty much I can get a lower powered station 100 - 200 miles further than with stock antenna. Hopes this helps
-Shawn

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, I understand about radiowaves, that's awesome reception!! How long did it take for the install and have you had any problems with leaks? Also, do you have a pic? Thanks again for all of your help, I'm over in Germany for the next 2 years(military wife) and it's really hard to get product info on anything without looking on the web. The German people have to pay huge taxes on any aftermarket products so there isn't much of a selection here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts