Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just spent £1500 [$2200] on getting by auto gearbox completely rebuilt. Mazda says there are some error codes coming up on their equipment and because the car is controlled by computers that this is stopping my car from changing gears. The car worked fine before and the gearbox problem was due to an un-noticed oil leak.

Are there any knowledgable people out there who can help explain this mess to me because at this rate I am going to run out of money trying to patch up my baby.

TIA.

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
EF MAX said:
Just spent £1500 [$2200] on getting by auto gearbox completely rebuilt. Mazda says there are some error codes coming up on their equipment and because the car is controlled by computers that this is stopping my car from changing gears. The car worked fine before and the gearbox problem was due to an un-noticed oil leak.

Are there any knowledgable people out there who can help explain this mess to me because at this rate I am going to run out of money trying to patch up my baby.

TIA.
If the rebuilt transaxle is refusing to shift gears, then it probably wasn't rebuilt properly and it's the shop's responsibility to put it right.

Did they tell you what error code(s) they found? You can try reading these codes yourself BTW...go to my website and look under "Maintenance". There's a quick procedure there with a list of ATX error codes.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The gearbox has been tested and Mazda say it's a 100% the company that did the rebuild say my 12 month warranty will start as soon as I get the error coses and anything else sorted out, I was just confused as to how these error codes could be so important to the gearbox.

I have not yet seen Mazda's report, I shall get this tomorrow when the car has been delivered back to me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts