Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I finally ordered a CAI off of ebay to get rid of the ghetto SRI I had that was sucking air right near the distributor.

I installed the intake system, which is now slightly above the splash shield, and the car stumbles a bit when it is under load or going up hills. I've reset the PCM 2 times already, repositioned the MAF, repositioned the pipes, looked for vac leaks. Nothing. I noticed I never had this problem until I installed the CAI.

However, when I reset the ecu for the second time tonight, I drove it to work and it was fine for about 20-30 miles, and it started happening again.

Currently, the motor in the car is a KLZE, with chipped ECU from michael perry (xtreme things).

I have a small stumble while the car idles too, but i'm assuming it's because I need to ohm the TPS out, which I will do tomorrow.

Any other suggestions?

To add some more information, 1/4 of the tip of the filter is actually below the splash shield, and in direct air flow. Would this sudden increase in air flow freak it out? And should I tuck it away in the engine bay?

(and before you open your mouth, I searched. I'm just looking for opinions.)

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
damn dude that's weird.. might need to clean out the VAF?? or the coupler is on the VAF too tight or too lose? i really dont know what else it could be.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is it possible to clean the vaf in the 2.5?

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
yes, i just forgot how to. i cant remember if you can just use air flow sensor cleaner or what,..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts