Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a few pics of my near stocko 6. Yes, its a 1990 but the grill is from 88-89. Previous owner got into a minor front end smash, which saw the replacement of grill, bumper and bonnet.

And i agree it needs to be lowered and new set of rims. They r still 2 come.

New subie construction is currently underway. Consisting of 2x12 and 1x8 inch.

Check it out.

Pics of 6

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
I like it, I love that color.
Im also lovin the Jspec headlights (might be Espec??)

-Your cars kinda weird (besides you live in Ausi) chrome around the windows
-4WS wheels although I didnt see the 4WS emblem on the steering wheel
-Mx6 badge on the back, shoudlnt it be 626??
-Spoiler has a 3rd light, shouldnt it not have a light??
-Kinda looks like all the moldings are from an 88-89. As well as the front bumper.

Ya, Nice lookin car:)

·
Premium Member
7,327 Posts
mx6gt91, you need to realize that not all of the non-US-spec countries had the same trim levels and equipment. The chrome trim, spoiler, and badging (mx-6, 626, etc.) is different depending on where the car was built and what market it was intended for (i.e. australian, j-spec, e-spec, a-spec). This is because every country has their own set of regulations regarding lighting and equipment.

In australia, the car was called the "mx-6", while in europe, it was called a 626 coupe, and in japan, it was called the "cappella c2". The black trim around the windows was a us-only thing, I believe.

I think the car looks clean. What does the sticker underneath the left rear taillight say? It looks to be designed similarly to the "TURBO" sticker underneath the right rear taillight.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mx6GT91: yeah, 4ws is on the wheel. But she is a 1990 model, not 88-89.

magik8: The sticker on the rear of the car says "Phoeonix". Im assumin that was the name of the mazda dealer????? Ive neva bothered to pull it off.

Cheers for the comments. :p

1 - 4 of 4 Posts