Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all ive been looking for an mx6 since i started on here and now i have finally found one that is in my price range, it needs some work but other than that the engine has just been rebuilt its a manual and the windows are tinted let me know what you think.

these pics were taken on my cell phone so they are as good as they could be

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
How the hell did the bumper get so badly damaged? I'd look in to that before you go ahead and buy it. If the engine has been rebuilt thats a plus I suppose, but what else has been done to it? (maintenance wise). Some body work and new paint would definitely be needed which will run you about $1500 for a respray of the stock colour.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
wow , most of the mx6's ive seen have good paint and little to no rust. This one is really bad. Seeing that you can get a good condition mx6 for around 500 - 2000 i would keep looking.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i dont relly care what i have to do to it concidering itll be the first car that ill be able to drive, and the paint i can get for cheap cause i know a guy with a spray booth so all i need to do is pay for the paint, and i wanna repaint it anyway cause i want it black, the guy still drives it and as you can see it has plates on it so i thought it is a pretty good deal for 850 or obo

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
i dont relly care what i have to do to it concidering itll be the first car that ill be able to drive, and the paint i can get for cheap cause i know a guy with a spray booth so all i need to do is pay for the paint, and i wanna repaint it anyway cause i want it black, the guy still drives it and as you can see it has plates on it so i thought it is a pretty good deal for 850 or obo
i wouldnt pay more than $500 for this car .

if you decide to buy this car .. make sure u buy it e-tested. Mx6's have a lot of problems passing e-tests.

U can get a huntergreen front bumper and fender from a junkyard and the car will look way better.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well ill see what i can get it for do the body work myself, i do have the know how to do it and places and tools to do it i also hav a buddy as i mentioned before that can give me a deal on painting it i have more than enough friends that are mechanics that can give me help and advice.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Just because you have the money to afford it and friends "know how" doesn't make it worth it.

Look at the condition of car and price of car. Then add work needed+time needed+money needed and add them all up. Is it still worth it or can you get something better?

My first car was a 92 Cavy and it was $500. Got it cuz it was cheap and through friend but it was badly rusted. Lasted 2 yrs, both rocker sills and lower door edges rusted out, exhaust was pretty much all rusted and the piping before muffler rusted soo bad it snapped off. Left right rear spring snapped. Engine was strong but ended up taking to dump about 2 months before I got the 6 because I could drive it with no muffler and didn't want to pay $200+ for new exhaust.

Check all your options first and do your homework on what your gonna buy.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i work part time at an auto shop so i have done safety checks and have looked at the rocker and they are fine, the car will be a work in progress car i want to shave the door handles, lower the car, full header back exhaust system, cold air intake so on and so forth as i get more money so i think it will work for what i want ill offer 500 for it and see what he says.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
I'm sorry, but that could be the roughest looking 6 outside of a scrapyard I've ever seen. Skip on it. I'm sure if you look more you'll find something better. And don't depend on your friends when buying a car. Why should they waste their time so you can save a few bucks?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well i offered him 500 bucks, which ill have on thursday he said if your still interested call me. so on thursday im gonna call him and hopefully buy it then. i need a car i mght be getting kicked out so i need some place to stay so i kinda need that car.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well i figure that the car would be a cheaper place to stay then renting some place. and you know ill take what ever valuable thing out of my room and pawn it probably so i can eat and have some gas if i need it.

·
Registered
284 Posts
well i figure that the car would be a cheaper place to stay then renting some place. and you know ill take what ever valuable thing out of my room and pawn it probably so i can eat and have some gas if i need it.
I can't believe I'm really reading this...

Well if anything good for sale, throw up on the board :lol:

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yeah i already have a job, thats how im able to have money to buy the car.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Yeah but if you need to sell possessions to pay for gas (if you need it) then what's going to keep you from freezing? The only way I see this as a good idea is if you buy it and drive straight south with it. The Ottawa region isn't well known for it's favourable winter weather conditions.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts