Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

101 - 120 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
Ya that's very nice, I like the wrapped dash trim panel. I guess it's the exact same process as fiberglassing something...

When's the turbo kit going on? I can see an intercooler peaking out..

·
Registered
894 Posts
Oh and you should really tie that header wrap down with those stainless zip ties, those measly screw clamps are going to unwind upon vibration and it's all going to unravel and possible get tangled in your rad fan!

Just my 2 cents :)

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #103 (Edited)
at the end of 2010 we move in another garage....

than more CF

some new pics...

finally the engine works, but needs some time for setting up the MS

the bonnet needs some also style...

At march it was the exhibition " AMIstyle " in my hometown...

Will do some new pics when my holiday is done :)

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #105 (Edited)
the joke is that hardly anybody record that its imitation leather ;)

I still drove a few years with new and repaired paints but any demage you get if you use the car is a pain in the a** :tdown:

So i will see how the imitaition works on on this car- my daily BMW E36 still have a ostrich imitation on the front, bonnet and the roof which works perfectly with heat, coldness, dirt and water :angel:

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Imitation leather?! that's something new... would love to see close up shots :tup:

Loving the updates!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
here some little news... i didn´t have lot of time for my 6 in the past :(

But it should run at 2012 :cool:

i installed an oil temperature gauge...

than i finish the building shell of my license plate bracket. I used on OEM part of an Xedos 6 and adapt it to my shorter license plate. Finally i use elastic plastic filler to adapt it on my bumper.

I know that it gives an OEM MX-6 part for the license plate but ot not works at my bumper without any adaption.

Now i overlay it with CF for finsih... hope it looks great :)

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
Some news...

i need another cover for my trunk - so lets design one...

than i need a better crossing form leather to paint... so lets do a model in the right colors :angel:

model is finsihed so i can built 2 covers :tup:

more ideas coming soon :rolleyes: :jump:

·
Registered
189 Posts
some days are gone and the fendercovers are already done... til i will fit them on the car i must complete the CF of the headlight washer and the license bracket.

At same time i want to built an functional cover for my rear bumper to get the heat away of the exhaust - like a xxxxs Exhaustdiffusor

so lets make a model

after first fitting i built a negative from to create the cover as it oneself

i think it fits perfekt :tup: Now i will finish it these days

So if i hadn´t enough building yards - the trunk needs some more lightly and functional covers...

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
Can't see the last two pics :(

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
thanks...

last mod

i adapt the oem water tank inlet because the cap was and is absolutly ugly. so i cut the oem part near the tank and adhere it with the flexible hose. by the way i built an adapter to fixed it.
than it got a yellow paint instead of white

now i think it looks better. :tup:

·
Registered
189 Posts
i can say something about the weight if it runs already...

this [fizzle]ing MS make problems without end. after start working with tunerstudio the problems grown... First it doesn´t work with the new mapdaddy, than it have problems with the rpm signals...

at the moment i fight with the 1G output (distributor) because i have no spark ignition :tdown:

but i have something enjoyable - the exterior of the car is alredy done :tup:

first i stick some blank disc...

...to save the paint and install the vinylcovers of the fenders

than i installed the oem MX-6 washers, the jdm headlights and my custombuilt CF- licenseframe

finally i installed the CF- heatshield on my bumper. for perfect work i built in an black painted aluminium heat sheet which have a distance from the CF of arround 0.15"

hope you like it like i do :E

today i will find out something with my osszyloscop and hope i will find the ignitionproblem as far as quick :shrug:

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #116

if you paining CF you normaly use a normel clear coat or a black one for the edges. Its import how you built the CF. There are 2 possibilities.

you still laminating by vacuum or make a kind of dip with CF and laminating some parts.

For both you will need a eposxymixture (not polymixture!!!) which have an very slow responsing time (more than 6 up to 24 hours)

If you built an own CF-Part you should baking it for perfekt stability after thermosetting.
If you built an overlay/ dip for dressing some parts you can only baking them like the dressed parts sustain it. For example you have probelm with plastics - there you can only work with a adjustable hot air gun.

if you know which kind of type you will built you must choose your (clear) coat. the expansions of CF and coat are importend. otherwise the look sucks after a time in sunshine.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #118 (Edited)
here some news:

I got a set of oem trunk covers in very good conditions from a faceliftmodell which are nearly black in color :D

than i installed the built cover...

i think it fits nice... so i can built a negative next time to copy a perfect fitting lightweight part :)

Hope to get more time for my 6 these year and finish my projekts :p

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #120
now pics should work ;)

Reactions: SixSick6
101 - 120 of 126 Posts