Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recenttly I had my clutch go out, I had a new one put in. It ran me around $850 to get a new one including matnience and all that. I was wondering if that was high or what, it seemed like it. Also now when I seem to let out the clutch there is a click sound in my engine towards the back. Does anyone know what it is. Mechanic says it has to do with my chopped springs, lifting off when taking off then coming down when slow.

Thanks for the help I appreciate it.

·
Registered
375 Posts
My god thats a high price!!! Did you get a performance clutch? Did you take it to the delership? I cost me $400 for the factory clutch and labor. As for your noise in the engine bay, it could be one of your trany mounts. Mine broke a couple months ago, makes a loud bang when I get out of frist, and changing gears.

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
A regular clutch job should cost no more than $500 at a normal shop. I've called lots of places and that's what they all told me.

·
Registered
449 Posts
define maintenance.

Flywheel got screwed?? maybe?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
matience

I had to get clutch, i think new flywheel and had to get a motor mouth or mount. Not sure name. Also that included all the time it took to install the hourly rates, it was probably half the cost. It took like 5 hours to put it in.

·
Registered
449 Posts
then it sounds about right. flywheels aren't too cheap.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts