Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,358 Posts

ksports i think look much better next to them... but yeah, you are paying twice as much, i think they may be an alright alternative for the price...

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
i wonder how the ride compares on these ones

·
Registered
301 Posts
I might pick a set up.. I need to rebuild my suspension anyway and was going to buy coil over springs so for a set of tokicos and ground controls it's going to be at least this much any way.. I'll let you guys know if I grab a set..

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
bet they dont make a 4ws version.

man good suspension is hard to get for 4ws.

·
Registered
494 Posts
About time someone made suspension set alittle bit cheaper for us that does make the big bucks... just alittle bit cheaper

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
I dunno, I kind of wish the rears were a bit more stiff. That's why I'm considering the Bilsteins AWR has.

However, I forget the rates of the D2's, and Teins. Anybody remember them?

*Wonders if I can find that topic with the spring rates in them, and if so, if they're on the list*

Edit - Neither were on the list.. Hmm...

The Bilsteins though from what I looked into had the most R&D put into them, so hopefully that'd result in the best set. It 'should'...

·
Registered
301 Posts
at the same time though it's quite possible that the people how make these looked at the other kinds of coilovers and said "alright let's take the best of what each one has to offer." It's also possible that these are garbage.. but I doubt that.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
wow. the comparison pictures look nearly identical, except for the color. :lol:

not much to discuss. i'll stick with my teins. :D
Spring rate pl0x.
How do they ride?
Price?
Where'd you get them from?

That is all for now.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Spring rate pl0x.
How do they ride?
Price?
Where'd you get them from?

That is all for now.
the spring rate and MSRP can be found here. i have the SS-P and the EDFC, which is separate.

i have the height at the settings that came out of the box, which is approximately 1.3-1.4" drop in the front and 1.2" in the rear. the damping was set to the recommend "10" setting, which is definitely firmer than stock and about what the tokico illuminas would be at their "4" or "5" setting. if you want closer to stock damping, then i would recommend the "14" setting.

i paid significantly less than the MSRP, due to my being part of the intial PT-sponsored bulk buy, through a SoCal distributor. :)

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
tein super streets are $1399. the tein basic doesn't come with the camber plates and pillow ball mounts so is not a direct comparison to what k-sport and others are offering.

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
i dig the camber adjustment thing.

but man why is that shit so expensive?

/what is worth paying 3X more for these rather than just buy lowering springs and good struts?

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
i dig the camber adjustment thing.

but man why is that shit so expensive?

/what is worth paying 3X more for these rather than just buy lowering springs and good struts?
there's more to it than just camber adjustment. i suppose the best way to convince you is to have you ride along in a car with just springs/struts and then in one with true coilovers. put both cars through the paces and you should be able to notice some differences. ;)

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
please explain how it is not?
err... :confused: because if u buy tein basic for $800 u don't get camber plates or pillow ball mounts and u have to use your stock mounts with the coilovers...

but the tein super streets for a scant $1399 it does come with camber plates and pillow ball mounts as does k-sport and these new ones. so u're getting the same amount of equipment?

·
Registered
533 Posts
so has anyone heard anything about these yet? i'm still checkin over at other forums and nothing yet :(

I wanna see if these would be worth the $$$. they do state 1yr warranty and fully rebuildable in the US.

This is definately cheaper than going with Tokico Blues, Ground Controls and Cusco camber plates!

JACK.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts